PDA

View Full Version : FAA IPC (H) in Europe

SorenBB
22nd Apr 2010, 18:48
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine i doing his JAA IR(H) and needs to renew his FAA IR(H) to save time/money on the "conversion". He has asked me to do his FAA IPC in U.K. in either a Robinson 22 or 44. He was told from a school in U.K. that we could do it like that, but I just want to be sure exactly how to do this so I dont do something wrong. I renewed my CFI recently, so I hold a FAA CFI/CFII

I have flown around 1000 hours in Robinson 22 and 44 in America, but do NOT have a JAA typerating in Robinson, but according to the school in UK, I dont need this to do a FAA IPC for a friend!?

I have not flown the Robinson for the last 2 years, so I am wondering if I need to do a BFR according to SFAR73?

I fly helicopter on a daily basis in europe, instrument flying mostly, so I am wondering if I am already current on my takeoffs and landings and also on my CFII according to flying 6 holds, intercept and tracking and so on?

I am also thinking wether I need a FAA medical or not, now that I hold a JAA medical, class 1 ?

SO, from what I have been told, all I need to do is a BFR according to SFAR73 and then I am good to go, but I would really appreciate if someone could help clearify if I can help my friend like this or what I need to do.

The helicopter in UK is on a G-register (and not N-register like in USA).

Thanks!

Best regards
Soren