PDA

View Full Version : Flying time aviation

alphaadrian
22nd Apr 2010, 15:43
There is an ad on here looking for a CPL/IR instructor at aforementioned FTO. Its been on here for quite a few weeks..in fact the start date was "start of April". Im just curious...in the current climate i would have thot it would have been snapped up (i would have applied if all my ratings were still current)...is there a catch? Is it a real job? All other FTOs strugglin and its the only one with dosh to advertise on prune. Am i getting cynical in my old age?

Alpha:ok:

PPRuNeUser0173
22nd Apr 2010, 21:01
I spoke with someone there about 2 weeks ago but he said he had received lots of applications. I didn't bother applying as they use the DA42 and because I havent flown one it would take them time to train me up on it! Cant be that difficult surely!

alphaadrian
22nd Apr 2010, 21:48
Golf-driver

Totally agree with you. Im sure most of the avionics stuff could be done on the ground/computer and if you are a CPL/MEIR instructor, im sure a man of your calibre could manage to adjust to another...er...piston twin hehe!

Alpha

Level 400
24th Apr 2010, 13:06
There is also a nice new Alsim DA42 FNPT 2 at Flying Time which could be used to train any suitably qualified instructors on the aircraft and the G1000 FMS.

I am told there are still vacancies at FTL for suitably Instructors.

L400