PDA

View Full Version : Taking Dog Guernsey to France or Spain

LilloMonty
21st Apr 2010, 19:11
Is it possible to take my dog to France or Spain from Guernsey? She has a passport and can talk. Actually she can't talk but she has a passport.

Duchess_Driver
21st Apr 2010, 19:24
There was a very interesting article in recent publication (I learnt about... or Pilot X, can't remember which) about somebody taking their pooch across the channel. Very funny, if very sad.....

On a more serious note, if you're hiring from a school you'd need to make sure that they had any local rules or SOP about the carraige of pets/animals. Our schools policy is if it leaks at either end they you clean and disinfect.

gyrotyro
22nd Apr 2010, 05:26
I think you will find that it is only possible to transport cats and dogs to and from mainland Europe and the Channel Islands by an "Approved" carrier.

IE it has to be by major flight carrier or a shipping line.

Using private aircraft is not allowed.

Although I did hear a rumour recently that Leeds/Doncaster airport is going to allow the transport of animals but that is not much good when you don't have an approved destination. Also Leeds are one of the most expensive G/A airports and the cost would probably be more expensive than using an airline.

welkyboy
22nd Apr 2010, 07:54
No issues with taking dog from CI to Europe, BUT there are very stringent rules with importing animals from Europe, you can take your pooch out but very difficult to bring her back in a private aircraft. Basically NOT Allowed..
Recently a friend did just this but was apprehended at Biggin and had to take the dog back to France. Then had to get his car taken to France by ferry, go thro all sorts of hoops with vets etc. in France to be allowed to reimport Dog back to UK by an approved carrier!!! (Ferry co.)