PDA

View Full Version : THERE ARE RULES, AND THERE ARE RULES.

PPRuNe Pop
17th Apr 2010, 08:31
It would seem that some using this forum are unsure, unaware or are detached from that which they signed up to when they joined pprune. Those rules are the basics for using PPRuNe and those which the moderators act upon. There are others which the owners of the site impose and we act on those as and when required.

Then we come to SPOTTERS BALCONY. This forum is for those who as it says at the top: If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

In a nutshell as they say. Spotters it has to be said are not always welcome in the professional forums, and for good reason, because some of them make a nuisance of themselves and upset the pros and natives. Although it is true to say that spotters are aviation enthusiasts who are just looking for a place to have fun and enjoy their hobby, there are others who like to think they are Professionals but who have no more experience than using the MS Flight simulator. We cannot stop them but we will act against them if they try to pass themselves off something they are not.

We recognise the fact that we were all spotters once, which is, more or less, why we have given them space on PPRuNe. However this is the forum for your fun.

Having said that. If you have questions about flying in the airline world you are free to put them here. I guarantee you will get answers from the Flight Deck or anywhere else.

Now, as for knocking moderators as was demonstrated last evening, that is a no no. It is moderator abuse and it will not be tolerated. It can get you an immediate ban or a permanent one. That also applies to naming names, abuse, snide, insults and the like so best be on good behaviour. We do delete posts if they are found to be any of the above or fall short of just being nice to each other, so best you try to act with good common sense.

That's about it. The rest is up to you. You can enjoy it for all its worth because it is there for that reason.

PPP

studentpilotmcuk
27th Apr 2010, 10:35
Well said Moderator. :ok: :) Looks like a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority through lack of respect for the rules :uhoh: . I have been a member here for a few years and feel slightly embarressed that some of the spotters on here do not respect the rules, as you could easily tarr us all with the same brush. :eek: :uhoh:

come on everyone play the game fairly...... its common sense :ugh:

Regards to All

Homesick-Angel
27th Apr 2010, 15:54
Agreed... but some of the "Pro's" on this site need to show a lot more respect because whether we do it for a job or not we are all "spotters", and there are too many people on this site who seem to have lost their humility, care and respect for anything or anyone, and have made it their goal to rip shreds off people who are here to find information and share a common passion..

The first poster on this thread kevlarcarl is a repeat offender, and I put it to the moderator who posted this thread to have a look though Kev's posts and see just how much vitriol this person spits and just how useless , pointless and hurtful his presence on pprune has been particularly in the spotters section.

Humility, care and respect.

Pretty simple

High'n Fast
11th Dec 2010, 02:17
On this forum it should be for spotters and enthusiasts to share information on their hobby only. There are plenty of other places on this site for the professional pilot to make his or her opinions / comments. I think this forum should be for the spotter only and the 'professional pilots' can go somewhere else to vent their frustrations. Glad I don't fly. I have a proper job !

Lets try and make it more relevant to the spotter and issues associated with our hobby ......

Just another thing to add. I don't think this forum should be the place to ask a 'professional pilot' about issues about 'the job'. It should be about Aircraft spotting, issues, our treatment at various UK airports etc ..... Lets get some questions going on what aircraft are departing / arriving, any rare stuff, registrations etc ...... REAL SPOTTING STUFF !

High'n Fast

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Dec 2010, 07:02
High'n Fast... I am a spotter but do not agree with you. Many airfields have their own "spotter" site, which are far more comprehensive than anything on here. There are spotter sites for just about every imaginable aircraft movement, civil, militray, overflying, etc., many of which break the law by publicising R/T conversations and revealing classified information.

PPruNe is a respected site for professional aviation personnel and this particular forum is for people to "discuss issues about the job". I would hardly expect professional users to want it to be littered with lists of airfield movements which are freely available elsewhere.

Gulf4uk
21st Dec 2010, 18:33
Have to agree with Heathrow Director this is for aircrew and those in the trade where we can ask questions and add our own comments . I to am a spotter but there are things i dont know about or understand this is the place for most even if somtimes the comments are a bit over the top. For Airfield movements and such info a search under the airfield name or code on various search engines will bring you thousands of groups , websites and forums lets keep this as is.

Merry Christmas one and all

TONY
Farnborough

The AvgasDinosaur
31st Jan 2011, 15:00
Quote from HEATHROW DIRECTOR
High'n Fast... I am a spotter but do not agree with you. Many airfields have their own "spotter" site, which are far more comprehensive than anything on here. There are spotter sites for just about every imaginable aircraft movement, civil, militray, overflying, etc., many of which break the law by publicising R/T conversations and revealing classified information.

PPRuNe is a respected site for professional aviation personnel and this particular forum is for people to "discuss issues about the job". I would hardly expect professional users to want it to be littered with lists of airfield movements which are freely available elsewhere.

:D:D:D Hear Hear, A true professional and an enthusiast as well.
Let's behave ourselves on here.
Be lucky
Dave