PDA

View Full Version : tech log

future.pilot.2000
14th Apr 2010, 18:06
Hey ppl, just bought new plane. Flying with my mates last week, we got onto taking about the tech log.

Does it matter if u record...
if the plane was recorded for a training flight or ppl?
if u have signed to say u checked the plane out being first person to fly it?
if there was fuel and oil taken on board, and how they read after each flight?
the name of passengers - if it has to be a full name, surname or doesn't matter?
what the tech log if filled out with - certain colour pen, pencil or doesnt matter?

obviously its just me and the mechanic going to see, and obv caa if they request, so surely the main thing is the flying time recorded...

thx ppl for ur help

funfly
14th Apr 2010, 18:57
I think that if you buy an aircraft tec log book all the right questions will be there to fill out. If you have a VP you will need a separate book for that as well.

robin
14th Apr 2010, 23:05
I use a paper form that lives with the aircraft and matches (sort of) an Excel spreadsheet that feeds the logbooks

PM if you want copies

A and C
15th Apr 2010, 08:47
The tech log shgould not be confused with the equipment log books.

Each airframe, engine and VP prop will have a log book, in this will be recorded the flying times and maintenance carried out (this may refer to other documents such as maintnance workpacks etc)

The technical log is for the day to day operation of the aircraft. In it will be recorded the flying time, placeas od landing, maintenance cariied out, oil/fuel uplift etc.

Some details will need be transfered to the log books, this should normaly be within seven days of the tech log entry.

Private aircraft don't have to have a Tech log and just have a Journey log but the flying times need to be transfered as above.

Please note this post is intended as a laymans guide to a full legal explination.