PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Chartering an aircraft

fatboy slim
9th Apr 2010, 14:56
Hello,

Could you help me settle an argument from the flight deck earlier today...

Does anyone know what say Titan or similar charge to charter a 75 or 321 to go to AGP and back assuming USD800 per tonne

Round numbers to the nearest £1000??

Thanks in advance

Nipper1011
10th Apr 2010, 02:00
Titan, like most solvent charter operators, don't do it that way. They charge a daily fixed rate which covers cost of aircraft, crew, contibution to overheads/profits and then an hourly rate which covers their variable costs (mainly engineering). Their hourly rate may also include fuel but often the customer airline picks that up along with all the third party user and handling charges. Whole plane charters for non-aviation customers are priced in a similar way; this emans that if they fly they are making money.

I hope this helps.

plumponpies
10th Apr 2010, 14:33
Did an an ADHOC some time back in my last company and was chatting to the group booking manager about the cost.
She told me it was in the region of £40000 for a full 737800 to INN and back to LGW.:\

Agaricus bisporus
10th Apr 2010, 14:58
Why not call a Charter Broker (eg Air London) and ask for a quote...?

That's the easy/accurate way to find out.

(and deduct 7 1/2% to see what the operator charges)

fatboy slim
10th Apr 2010, 15:46
Thank-you all for taking the time to read and for your replies...

Nipper - can you add any numbers to the fixed and hourly rate? Even approx? I can work out the fuel numbers.

Pies - thats more than I would expect - nearly double what I thought. I wonder if the premium was for a one-off or last-minute job or if my estimates were well off.

Agaricus - as its just trivia I cant see a broker giving me a price - commercial sensitivity and all that. Interesting about the 7.5% though - thanks.

Agaricus bisporus
11th Apr 2010, 12:08
If you call a charter broker and ask for a quote you'll get one. They are in business to chase your money - just have a plausible story about a business conference or youth soccer tournament etc - anyone can charter an aeroplane, just like a bus.

And as said above, let them know you're shopping around.

You'll get your quote, depend on it!

fatboy slim
11th Apr 2010, 15:58
Thank you all for your help :ok: