PDA

View Full Version : air arabia interview , any advice ?

7oodaz
7th Apr 2010, 23:39
guys , if anyone knows anything about how the interview goes in air arabia , please tell
if not , i need any advices for pilot job interview , its the first for me ,
i need to know what to revise before the interview ? what questions will be asked ?
please help , thanks !

GodSpeed77
19th May 2010, 16:35
You will have 2 days for the interview.
1st day :
- Tech quiz (general knowledge)
- Group Discussion
- Some stupid test
- Personal Interview
2nd day : (if you pass)
- Sim Session : T/o, Engine fire, vector ILS 12 Dubai, G/A, vector ILS 30 Dubai, Ldg (easy)

You'll have to wait 2 weeks for the result. If you pass they will send you tickets with the cheapest airline.:hmm:

Training :
1. 4 days sim session (They might extend for 2 days sim)
2. Blue line pilot's (takes you for about 3 months before you release)

Comments :
- Living in Sharjah is crap

- You'll have to have your own car

- To buy a car you need UAE driving license

- To apply driving license takes you about 3 months and 70% Arabia pilots they failed the driving exam and they have to do it again

- Apartment price is very high, for F/O Arabia will give you 10k dirhams/m Captain 12k dirhams/m and you'll have to pay 80k-120k/year for 2 bedroom apartment, 3 beds 140-160k and to rent apartment is a headache

- Flying 80-100 hrs/month

- Night flight is very tiring but the money is good

- Very bad roster, you can make a deal with the rostering guy :hmm:

- If you have 2 babies less then 4 years old, Sharjah is not a good place to live with your family

- Upgrade : "FORGET ABOUT IT" unless you can lick the people in management

- Carefull with some pilots, they have connection with the owner...if they dont like you, just pack your things

- Pilots : 40% Tunisian:hmm:, 30% Egyptian:ugh:, 30% others (Central American:ok:, Brits:ok:, Eastern Europe:rolleyes:, Portugese:ok:, Filipina:ok:, Malaysia:ok:, Brazil:ok:, Syrian:8 and many other

- You'll not sure about your life in Air Arabia. Captain may downgrade to F/o, F/o can easily get sacked so my advise is DO NOT take any loan

- Be prepare for PPC, if they think you're not good enough even you pass it already, they will call you after sometimes to do it again.

- Be nice with pinoy ladies in the office, they'll help you alot

Overall : :oh:

I hope those will help

Good Luck

Hakeem
20th May 2010, 00:29
Hello guys!!!!!!!

Just wondering is that interview informations apply for Second Officer's applicant?

SW1
20th May 2010, 11:50
Hi, Ive also applied for the ab-initio scheme. It states ,on their website, that interviews will be conducted on the 29th-30th June 2010.

Anyone been called and what experience do you have?

Are they looking at candidates from Europe/USA etc? or is there a preference for Middle Eastern candidates? Thanks

Burger81
23rd May 2010, 22:35
Hi there guys.

I have tried to locate an email address or phone number to contact the Human Resources Dept for Air Arabia directly as i have a few questions for them before i submit my application finally. Are any of you able to help me out with this? I have completed an enquiry form a couple of times on the website, but it appears more sales/flights related and am yet to recieve a reply from anyone.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hamid_27
24th May 2010, 21:11
Hi all :E

I applied for the Ab Initio scheme almost 4 months ago, and I've updated my application regularly but I haven't heard anything either. After phoning around I got though to the HR line, but nobody picks up...:sad:. lol.

anyone got a direct line number to HR?

UK CAA (F) ATPL, CPL, IR, 200 hours

SV_741_India_Bravo
28th May 2010, 01:13
the op is from Egypt and was referring to their recruitment for Egypt nationals, but glad this topic is alive, any one got called for the cadet scheme?

SV_741_India_Bravo
1st Jun 2010, 07:56
comeon is there no one who got a call?

flypilot24
4th Jun 2010, 15:42
I heard many different things, no way of being sure.

SV_741_India_Bravo
5th Jun 2010, 12:20
^ flypilot, please share if you have any news???

kwt-pilot
6th Jun 2010, 15:29
any news regard airarabia interview, please notice

Emapilota
6th Jun 2010, 22:09
Hey guys,

I am waiting for a call from them too =(

SW1, where did u get the dates? I didn't find that on their website.

Emanuele

Hamid_27
6th Jun 2010, 23:08
can anyone PM me HR's Number?

Emapilota, interview dates where removed from the website last week for some reason....

sam8808
7th Jun 2010, 07:19
I'd be surprised if you get through to anyone in HR. They don't talk to or meet any applicants because its "out of procedure"

SV_741_India_Bravo
7th Jun 2010, 10:45
Well guys no good news.....went to Air Arabia HQ today - sat for an hour and finally met the HR manager; Mr. S.S - very nice person for taking the time to talk to me - but he told me that the date was removed because they have too many guys (200 applications) willing to go for Air Arabia's p2f program; so there is nothing definite about the ab initio program.
And at this time he told me they are more interested in taking guys for the 500 hr pay to fly program (200,000 AED) - in fact 3 guys for the program ( 1 from India, 2 from Iran) were there at that time and I spoke to them; they had applied for the Second Officer position, been interviewed in december, and out of 18 applicants 6 were selected. They were now called (June) to start their simulator............after the 500 hours ''if'' there is a F/O position they will get it........

so guys looks like this one is out of the window.....will be 5-6 months at least before we hear anything, if we do at all.............:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

kwt-pilot
7th Jun 2010, 14:00
thats not a good news mate

cyrilroy21
7th Jun 2010, 14:13
@kwt-pilot

If you are a Kuwaiti citizen why dont you apply with one of the local operators in Kuwait ? :)

kwt-pilot
7th Jun 2010, 22:11
they only hire forner pilots.. 3 years im looking for a job now

optimus.Prime
8th Jun 2010, 04:45
Are you sure kwt-pilot?

Jazeera,Wataniya and KU aren't hiring citizens?:confused:

kwt-pilot
8th Jun 2010, 20:55
not any more, maybe for people who has relations, like some one who has a father manager there or a S. Captain.. etc.
and after compaining against them to the minister of transportation, they did a new requirment which is only in kuwait and for the citizens only but not for thier sons who holds a frozen ATPL as we do.. which is pass a precalculas course with kuwait univ. and the math exam! in general its a trap for us
we are suffaring here

Ronand
9th Jun 2010, 13:53
@India Bravo Does this mean that even the guys who pass the 2nd officer Interview have to pay 200000AED?

SV_741_India_Bravo
9th Jun 2010, 19:31
Ronand, yes.

The 'second officer' is a kinder title for the pay2fly guys. Any 'second officer' is paying 200,000 AED=56000USD.

After that, Arabia brought out a place for 'ab initio' pilots, which was without any payments.........its what most folks were obviously interested in....sadly no luck, air arabia is preferring the rich boys.........

Met a friend in ops at another company, told me one of their first officers with about 1000 turboprop time got called by Air Arabia, and apparently they wanted to offer this guy the same deal too !

Hamid_27
9th Jun 2010, 21:25
this is getting rediculous, Air Arabia claim they are nothing like Ryanair:=, yet actions speak louder than words!

Disappointing.

shagrat
12th Jul 2010, 11:02
Anyone else received the following email:

Dear Pilot,

Thank you for having applied to Air Arabia. In this respect, we would like to invite you for an interview and simulation.

Please advice on a suitable interview date as mentioned below

July 27 - 28

Aug 10 – 11

Aug 24 – 25

Please note that you should arrive one day earlier and depart one day after the above said dates.

sHoXoR
23rd Aug 2010, 04:45
Hey Guys,
whats the story with the AIR ARABIA second officer progamme paying 200,000AED for a job.Any one have more info on who to contact if your keen to pay,i have already applied 2 months ago but as usual no answer yet!
I've got 700hrs TT currently working as a instructor in NZ,looking to upgrade asap.any suggestions
Cheers

yinyang
6th Sep 2010, 04:22
Following Godspeed comments, all of which are correct, I would simply add -don't go! You would have to be on the ropes to join what the airline has become. I would summarise by saying they have crossed the line from Low Cost to total crap. Low Cost is an operation run with the wholehearted cooperation of the crews but now is run at their expense. They try to come up with all sorts of reasons not to pay contracted things eg school fees, on time if at all, the medical cover is a useless insult, the rosters are awful and mindless, and the aircraft are carrying increasing numbers of serious faults, BUT THE MAIN REASONS ARE THEIR TOTAL LIES ABOUT THE UPGRADE AND THE NEW 'NO POACHING' AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE AIRLINES IN THE GULF. Air Arabia is a high hours, low cost model and part of that model is that people come here for experience and then look for a career job...they have now said you can't transfer to another Gulf Airline...SO DON'T COME!!! And spread the word...things will only change if no one comes.

Wasp7320
2nd Sep 2011, 16:21
Hi Guy's;

Looking for any recent update about AirArabia Morocco.

Current situation / pilot satisfaction.
DEC Recruitment. (10.000 hrs TT / 6.000 on type).
T&C's / salary package / taxes issue.
Roster. Part-time. (1 week on - 1 week off / 1 month on - 1 month off).

Contact number or @mail adress.
Application on their website for months, but no reply.

In advance Many Thanks.

jklp
15th Jan 2013, 10:55
Hello,
I have an assessment at Air Arabia for a second officer position.
The e-mail I received didn't mention an assessment in the simulator...
Does anybody have tips and know how about the selection process and what might be asked...

Vsnake
15th Jan 2013, 18:49
And at least, does this 200 000AED include the type rating?
How many hours does this include?

It's getting ridiculous.. If you have to pay everywhere in the world to work as a pilot.. where are we getting at?

dcoded
17th Jan 2013, 05:35
second officer?

That means you have to go through flight training first, then type rating and then to fly for them?

Surely that is more than 200000 AED..?

flymaroc
17th Jan 2013, 19:35
Do you have an assessment with air arabia Morocco or Sharjah?

jklp
18th Jan 2013, 11:47
I have an interview at Air Arabia Sharjah.
Every tip and help is welcome !! :)

Keen84
8th Feb 2013, 16:27
When is tis assessment????? What is the minimum requirement to be eligible???? Can anybody provide a contact detail for applying???
guys any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Global01
1st Apr 2013, 22:25
Guys i need some tips about the selection process and the tech questions if possible for second officers or any...

LPVL
14th Aug 2013, 09:00
Guys,

Any further news on this MPL scheme?

Regarding A320 cadet program of Air Arabia, I sent them an email asking:
- What is the time limit to submit the application?
- How shall I proceed to apply?
- I already hold a PPL license, does it present an advantage?
- The age limit of 33 is at the time of application submission?
- How much does it cost the cadet programme? How can it be financed? Please provide details?
- When the next courses will take place?

Do you possibly know the answers to the above questions?

LPVL
26th Aug 2013, 09:50
No one applying for Air Arabia?

Technight101
27th Aug 2013, 01:35
Hi Daniel,

Alpha has courses beginning each month. I enrolled for the one starting on September 29th. I just had my tests and interview during the week after August 20th.
So far I have passed and I have a final
Discussion with alpha training department tomorrow morning.

The cost I believe is 550,000AED. To be paid in 4 installments during the course.

Also I believe holding any pilots license will not give you any benefit.

hhassan
28th Aug 2013, 06:34
Hey Technight. ThanKs for the information. I am thinking of applying as well. How are the assessment tests like ? do they go deep or just basics ?

Thanks,

Technight101
31st Aug 2013, 23:13
The assessments are very basic.
They give you a calculator as well so all the questions can be solved directly on it. Maths and physics are 30 mins each for about 24-25 multiple choice questions.

I just gave my AS level examinations so I didn't prepare much and i scored around 90% average on maths English and physics.

Practice some psychometric tests online (abstract reasoning) and you'll be fine.

Although i feel like i didn't do well in the panel interview so i suggest you go through the basics on how an aircraft flies, also the basics of an a320 aircraft specifically.
Read through the AirArabia info on wikipedia as well.

I passed everything and am in to alpha!

Just finished my GCAA class 1 medical and all good.