PDA

View Full Version : Flight to N.Ireland - recommendations?

E-n-i-g-m-a-8-3
7th Apr 2010, 20:21
Good evening All,

I am looking to fly to Norther Ireland within the next couple of months, and wonder if anybody has any experience of airfields near my destination town?

I need to get to Limavady. There appears on Google Earth to be two nearby airfields, Limavady itself which I believe is ex RAF; and Eglinton, which I can't seem to find much information on. Limavady itself would be ideal location wise, it just depends on whether they accept GA visitors and then their fees.

Many thanks for any advice

Robin Driver
7th Apr 2010, 22:00
Limavady airfield is, or was Ballykelly EGQB which is still military I think.

Eglinton is Londonderry EGAE and is listed in the flight guides and the AIP. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Floppy Link
7th Apr 2010, 22:47
Limavady and Ballykelly and Londonderry/Eglinton/City of Derry are 3 different airfields...

Limavady is seriously disused

Ballykelly is military

Londonderry is yer man

tjfly
8th Apr 2010, 11:04
Interesting thread as I am planning on a similar hop in a few months. I've had my eye on Derry city but would love information on GA costs.

As I have not undertaken a flight of this length before I was hoping to stay with family for the night... so costs of having an aircraft at an International airport overnight?

So, is there anyone out there who flies in and out of Derry every weekend with knowledge to share? :)

Thanks guys