PDA

View Full Version : Want to become ATC - options

killua
7th Apr 2010, 14:24
Hi guys.

There isn't any doubt in my mind that being air traffic controller is what I want, and am able to do. However, being in Croatia and speaking only English severly limits my option of applying in slection process in various european countries. That's why I need your help. I know that among you there are informed individulas that know about european ATC companies more than me. My question is, where can I undergo selection process. I know Crocontrol and Eurocontrol are my options, but what about NATS. Can I apply there? I know Belgocontrol and Austrocontrol requires me to be in EU (I am not, yet), DFS too. Skyguide requires me to be in EFTA state, of course, I am not.

Do you know of any other options?

Thank you.

Matichk
7th Apr 2010, 14:29
NATS is UK, so you obviously speak their language :)
i think you can also go to Germany and i think that also to Slovenia, not sure though

killua
7th Apr 2010, 14:37
Germany, you mean DFS, don't I have to be from EU for that, and same question for NATS?

As for Slovenia, I havent been able to find anything about selection on their site, so I sent them email. No answer.

SINGAPURCANAC
7th Apr 2010, 14:55
@kilua,
multiply your choices with zero ,regarding your chance to get job without language and citizenship at Balkans (Slovenia including :})
Maybe only eurocontrol as a option.
As far as I know (let someone to correct me) only real chance to get job somewhere else within Europe requires active and recognized license,for starters I am very doubtful.
But who knows,try all around....

Matichk
7th Apr 2010, 15:08
it doesn't say on DFS under requirements

and for Slovenia, if you need i can ask for you

killua
7th Apr 2010, 16:03
@matichk

it says right here Information for non-German applicants (http://www.dfs.de/dfs/internet_2008/module/fluglotse_werden/englisch/becoming_an_air_traffic_controller/the_application/applications/information_for_non_german_applicants/index.html)

Yes please, can you ask them for me??
Thanks

@SINGAPURCANAC - no NATS also?

Dan Dare
7th Apr 2010, 18:36
NATS (http://atcocareers.co.uk/check-your-eligibility.html) only require you to be eligible to work in the UK.

I have worked with a number of non-EU citizens as a result. You would have to have VERY good standard of english comprehension to have much chance of success is it is not your mother toungue.

jozo
13th Apr 2010, 18:31
Why don't you try in Croatia ?

killua
13th Apr 2010, 18:51
The next enroute controller selection process is next year, and I find the prospect of working in EU very appealing.