PDA

View Full Version : Facts and Advice on Canadian Basic CPL Needed

Cpt.Iwillbe
5th Apr 2010, 08:34
Dear friends,

I am a Malaysian and need your good councle, advice and need to verify some facts.

1. Was informed that it is possible to get a TC Basic CPL for C$28,000 within 18 weeks from zero flying hrs. What's your experience? Can this be done cheaper and faster?

2. Was also informed that 1 US$ = 1.6 C$. Is this true?

3. Which training organisation would you recommend and why.

Please kindly assist me and thanks for reading as well as posting a reply.

Am thanking you in advance once again, god bless and happy landings.

ajet32
5th Apr 2010, 15:39
Well training might be possible with the right school. As for the exchange well these days 1CDN$ is almost at par with the USD or around 97cents so more like 1.01. The days of a USD being 1.5 to 1.6 are long gone , as in oh 3-5 years gone and not likely to return. Many think the CDN could easily be worth more than the USD this year.

albertaboy
5th Apr 2010, 18:10
I think someone is pulling you along telling you 18 weeks from 0 to CPL. I would say at the very fastest around 6 months but even that may be pushing it. Reaslisticaly 9 months sounds a little better. Some factors that may hurt your progress are weather days and booking problems. Whichever school you choose, find out if anyone takes priority over your bookings (ie cadets, CPL students when you are doing your ppl etc). As ajet mentioned it is a good idea to budget the dollar being on par with the yankees. By the time you are done 40 000 give or take 10 000 is a safe bet for the final cost of flight time. If you are just coming for your licence and then leaving, cost of living should play a role in your decision. Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and a few others will be quite pricey to live in.
Good luck!

Cpt.Iwillbe
6th Apr 2010, 00:44
Dear Friends,

your responce and advice is really appreciated very much, my sincere thanks once again. The fact that C$ and US$ being on par makes all the difference :ugh: but hey that's economics :}

Would it be possible for you to specify any specific training organisation by name and contact please as well as their cost and duration (Canadian and world wide).

Any other views/comments/suggestions/recommendations on how best to obtain a CPL Full Time with the least funds and shortest period or Modular CPL is very much welcome (Canadian and world wide once again).

My sincere thanks once again to every one who viewed my thread especially the both of you for your generosity as well as time spent replying me and happy landings, god bless :)

Sincerely yours,