PDA

View Full Version : Airstrip wanted

bigflyingrob
4th Apr 2010, 19:16
Having just lost 2 hangers and 2 airstrips in 3 months I kinda need somewhere to keep an Auster. She can't really live out as she's fabric. I live in Romford so any suggestions please? Laindon's full. N. Weald is WAY too expensive so it needs to be a farm strip. She only needs 400m but it's the hanger that's the hard bit. Damyn's is close but expensive too.
Any ideas guys and galls? Having spent a year restoring her it's a pity to sell her or even break her for spares.
Rob

Duchess_Driver
4th Apr 2010, 20:51
AFAIK, Denham has space in a hangar at the moment.

Bit far I know, but at least she'd be dry.

robin
4th Apr 2010, 21:21
If its an Auster send it to Eggesford.....!!!

4Screwaircrew
4th Apr 2010, 22:57
The new hangar at Andrewsfield should be ready soon.

Chris Royle
5th Apr 2010, 20:26
You should have no problem finding a hanger. Finding a hangar may be more difficult.:ugh:

stickandrudderman
5th Apr 2010, 23:19
It'll be easier finding a hangar than relying on valuable contributions from some posters.

Nashers
6th Apr 2010, 06:23
stapleford has a few hangers being used to shelter dead planes. maybe stick it in one of them?

jenkens farm is about 2 miles east of stapleford just inside if the m25 as well. may be worth giving them a call but i have no idea what sort of shelter they have.

jxc
6th Apr 2010, 08:17
I think earls colne as hangar space possibly very expensive
Headcorn ?

They all seem to be getting nearly an hour away from you though

john ball
6th Apr 2010, 13:30
It is probably too far and too expensive, but there is space in our hangar at Biggin Hill. Plus the person that runs our hangar at Biggin Hill is an expert at looking after Austers as he has two. Romford to Biggin is about 45 mins by car, as this is the time it used to take me from Purley to Thurrock when I kept a Robin there and the distance is similar. Actually have you considered Thurrock ?

IO540
6th Apr 2010, 13:39
Biggin is full of empty hangars.

Two ex Air Touring ones, for a start...

777fly
7th Apr 2010, 18:47
You could give the owners of COTTERED private farmstrip a call. They are in Lockyers. From recall its a well drained grass strip about 600m long 5 miles or so west of Buntingford in Hertfordshire. Last time I was there, in Sept 09, a new hangar was under construction.