PDA

View Full Version : Alan Leishman...RIP

fisbangwollop
3rd Apr 2010, 16:41
Just heard the sad news that my old sup on "E" Watch Scottish Big Al passed away this morning..........Alan was without doubt the best sup I have had during my 32 years at Scottish......RIP Alan :{:{:{

10W
3rd Apr 2010, 18:25
One of life's good guys. RIP Alan.

cleo
3rd Apr 2010, 18:59
The Teaboy and I were both taught how to make tea by Alan at EGPF. One of life's genuine folk and the ATC community is diminished by his passing.

See yer King and raise you an Ace Al!

Jar Jar Binks
3rd Apr 2010, 20:08
Big Al

I suppose its one of life's real cliche's, but a nicer bloke you could not meet. Taught me a huge amount about ATC, and was of the best training people I have ever met. I remember well, the old days on C Watch at ScACC after the morning shift, down to the Red Lion or Butlers House in Prestwick for a few beers. ASL, Alec Stewart and DSM, holding court and pontificating about the old days at Glasgow and places like Tiree and Benbecula. I was just a 'boy' in their words then, but memories that will last forever. Lots of other ex C Watch guys and gals will remember those 'good 'ol days', not like now.

Rest in Peace big 'fella. Thanks for everything

JJB:{:{

ayrprox
3rd Apr 2010, 21:21
Sad news indeed. A true gentleman. Always looked out for the troops , and handed out b*ll*ckings like it was fatherly advice . RIP Alan

VATCO
4th Apr 2010, 15:46
Agree with the comments during my time at SCATCC many years ago Alan was one of the great guys of ATC. He was a pleasure to work with.
RIP Alan

Loki
4th Apr 2010, 16:58
A great character. Taught me the finer art of approach radar at EGPF. Will we see his like again?

VATCO
4th Apr 2010, 21:12
My Dad trained Alan for a while at EGPF and worked with him at SATCC although he's 79 now he remembers Alan well says he would always chat about various things outside ATC and a pleasure to work with.