PDA

View Full Version : NPPL renewal

Miroku
1st Apr 2010, 16:31
Can anyone confirm whether the one hour's flight with an instructor can be made up of more than one flight? I seem to remember that there was a difference in this respect between the NPPL and JAR PPL.

I am currently undertaking some instrument flight training but the sessions are usually less than one hour - I'm knackered after that!

BillieBob
1st Apr 2010, 20:22
The relevant requirement for revalidation of an SEP Class Rating under JAR-FCL 1 is "a training flight of at least one hour’s duration with a FI(A) or CRI(A)." whereas the equivalent requirement for revalidation of a SSEA or SLMG rating under Schedule 7 of the ANO is "at least one hour of flying training with an instructor entitled to give instruction on aeroplanes of that class". Schedule 7 does not require that the training be completed in one flight.

Miroku
2nd Apr 2010, 14:18
Sorry, I'm still a bit confused. Re my NPPL, am I correct in that in order to carry out the two year revalidation of my SEP rating for group A aircraft regarding flight with an instructor, the flights can be made up of flights of less than one hour?

Lister Noble
2nd Apr 2010, 15:33
I think Billiebob just said that.
Can be made up of several flights totalling one hour.
If not then I'm also confused
Lister;)

Them thar hills
2nd Apr 2010, 15:49
M
Have a look at AIC 30/2008 - re your NPPL question.
Confirms what's been said already.
tth

Miroku
2nd Apr 2010, 17:17
Many thanks everybody, all clear now. All I have to do now is convince the CFI to sign my licence.

julian_storey
2nd Apr 2010, 19:09
Close.

You need an EXAMINER to sign your LICENCE :ok:

Lister Noble
2nd Apr 2010, 19:45
The CFI is most likely an examiner,good luck:)