PDA

View Full Version : EASA directive as a result of FCL008

wsmempson
1st Apr 2010, 08:50
I've just had a letter through from the CAA which made me choke on my cornflakes.

Apparently, as a result of the meetings held by the FCL008 committee concerning EASA harmonisation of flight crew licensing and bringing obscure national ratings under one european umbrella, a new directive has just been issued which concerns all CAA licence holders. Apparently, it has been found by Mr. Jim Thorpe of PPL IR and M. Brere Lapin de Pacque of the European light sport association, that the RT element of this licence does not meet either the JAA or EASA standards and, as of the end of the month, all licence holders must sit an exam in order to revalidate their licences. Failure to so do will result in the immediate revoking of all licence privilages.

This is obviously totally outrageous - can we not do something about this?:mad::mad::mad:

DB6
1st Apr 2010, 09:39
You mean directive AF 01/04/10?

maxred
1st Apr 2010, 09:44
Have not had my letter yet. I will check the post every morning,:bored:, and then when it arrives, I will revalidate all my licences, with immediate effect. This sound like utter rubbish to me:rolleyes:

Justiciar
1st Apr 2010, 09:52
It is the 1st April :ok:

maxred
1st Apr 2010, 09:55
What is this an April Fool??????? Just wait until you see the letter:ok: Remember this is Browns Britain

Whopity
1st Apr 2010, 12:48
that the RT element of this licence does not meet either the JAA or EASA standards There is no RT element to a UK pilot licence! The UK issue a separate FRTOL which meets the requirements of the International Telecommunications Union of which the UK is a signatory.

The JAA RT Standard included in numerous JAA licences falls short of the requirements laid down by the ITU. Neither the JAA nor EASA are signatories of the ITU.

BillieBob
1st Apr 2010, 13:03
Of course it's an April Fool, and a fairly obvious one as these things go. Consider that:

There is no 'RT element' to CAA pilot licences, there is a separate RT licence issued on behalf of OffCom.

There are no JAA standards relating to RT licensing.

There are no EASA standards relating to RT licensing and, in any case, EASA standards for pilot licensing will not be adopted for at least 2 years.

Apart from that it's totally believable, just as much as Virgin using a team of highly trained ferrets (http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Ferrets-used-broadband-maintenance-team/article-1963123-detail/article.html) to discover faults in underground broadband cables.

I see that Whopity just beat me to it!

Sepp
1st Apr 2010, 13:51
I'd've thought the name "Lapin de Pacque" would have been enough of a clue, scrabbling as it is towards "... de Pâques". Unless the Easter Bunny has taken up flying as a hobby, of course...