PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow - the Movie?

Thunderbug
14th Jul 2001, 23:40
Just curious, but what is going on over on northside of RW27L. Close to the north RVP and visible from the road are a collection of about a dozen vehicles with logos for companies dealing with film location catering and film lighting. What gives?

They have appeared a couple of times over the last week and seem to be in addition to the resurfacing contractors.

Hope they didn't film my last landing........ :eek:

Thunderbug

Hot Wings
15th Jul 2001, 00:05
Sorry, they did!!!

Look out for "Earthquake 2: the Sequel" at a cinema near you.

Sadly they also filmed my last landing - "Floatergiest".

:D Hot Wings

Gonzo
15th Jul 2001, 12:39
I'd imagine it's for the overnight resurfacing work on 27R. When the runway's closed, massive floodlights are set up, which totally destroys your night vision if you look at them, that explains the lighting, and of course the workmen will be taking tea breaks every half an hour, so that explains the catering! ;)

Gonzo

JPJ
15th Jul 2001, 13:34
I'd be surprised if the used film caterers to feed the resurfacing crews. The luvvies and their technicians demand the very best of everything - a bit too pricey to feed to Murphy and Co.

Since you can't turn on the telly without finding something about an airport, one of the Airline-type docs seems more likely.

stagger
15th Jul 2001, 14:47
Well we've had "Airport" and "Airline" so perhaps we've got a thrilling 8-part series titled "Runway Resurfacers" to look forward to this autumn?

Bright-Ling
15th Jul 2001, 17:27
Maybe they were anticipating one of those shocking weekly airmisses that happen at LHR.

Oooops: Did I say Airmisses...I did of course mean Go-arounds !!!!

God bless the media.

Gonzo
16th Jul 2001, 02:07
DOH! The cat's out of the bag now, Bright Ling!

Maybe the catering trucks are there to pick up the carcasses of birdstrikes, thence to pass them on to Midland for their inflight meals???? ;) ;) ;)

Gonzo

(spelling edit)

[ 16 July 2001: Message edited by: Gonzo ]

AffirmBrest
16th Jul 2001, 11:39
Na..our catering gets supplied from the car park of Hounslow B&Q every couple of weeks or so..