PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment

Pages : 1 [2]

safelife
26th Mar 2019, 22:30
Yesterday I got called by Zenon, asking me whether I would be interested in Amiri Flight. Didn't apply, just digged out my profile as suitable it seems.
They we're looking for a A330 Captain, when I told them I had only A330 time as FO, but fly A320 as a captain they said no worries, werew looking for 320 captains as well. Wouldn't outline the package on offer, instead asked me for my minimum salary, and what I was earning now.
A bit suspicious the way they recruit. Can remember they had nice job advertisements before, no reason to be that sneaky is it...

Marginbooo
28th Mar 2019, 11:48
Hello everyone,,
There is no scope to commute because of the 24/7 standby, 311 days per year (365 less 42 days leave and 12 days off). No rosters, just wait for the sms, generally the day before a flight but occasionally a call to be at the airport in 1 hour. When told it's for one night, pack for a month as things are prone to change.

Destinations are varied, worldwide, including on the A320 fleet.

Morale is generally good, flight deck and cabin crew generally get on well.

It is (in my opinion) a good job. Doha itself has its moments, the traffic/drivers probably being the biggest headache for everyday life. Legal alcohol is available through the single liquor outlet, albeit a bit more expensive than you might expect. The supermarkets stock many western items. Carrefour is at a few of the malls. You can get Marks and Spencer chocolates at M&S! Most British and American Schools are of a good standard. Petrol is cheap at USD.25c per litre. Second hand cars can be very cheap because of the turnover of expatriates. Its hot, over 40 degress celsuis around 6 months of the year. It sits on 45 degrees most days in the area of the company compound. You get used to it. There is a Rugby Club nearby for some social interaction at a bar, while watching some live rugby (not a high standard but fun to watch).

robigi
28th Mar 2019, 13:47
Yesterday I got called by Zenon, asking me whether I would be interested in Amiri Flight. Didn't apply, just digged out my profile as suitable it seems.
They we're looking for a A330 Captain, when I told them I had only A330 time as FO, but fly A320 as a captain they said no worries, werew looking for 320 captains as well. Wouldn't outline the package on offer, instead asked me for my minimum salary, and what I was earning now.
A bit suspicious the way they recruit. Can remember they had nice job advertisements before, no reason to be that sneaky is it...

I've got same call too.
I'm a little bit confused. I was quite unfullfilled with informations. No way to have salary details so I think I will quit.
Will you keep on with your application?

Regards.

Silky
29th Mar 2019, 06:33
Hi all,

been called a few times for the 330/340 but get very conflicting feedback on schools fees.
For me that is a deal breaker.
Kids in school in the UK.
So can anyone please confirm the rates and if you are allowed to use outside of Qatar.

Many thanks

casablanca
29th Mar 2019, 06:42
Hi all,

been called a few times for the 330/340 but get very conflicting feedback on schools fees.
For me that is a deal breaker.
Kids in school in the UK.
So can anyone please confirm the rates and if you are allowed to use outside of Qatar.

Many thanks
“if” same as Qatar Airways, which is likely, then yes 105,000 riyal per year and it can be used for schools overseas. In that aspect they have one of better policies, although it ends at 21.

Silky
29th Mar 2019, 06:53
“if” same as Qatar Airways, which is likely, then yes 105,000 riyal per year and it can be used for schools overseas. In that aspect they have one of better policies, although it ends at 21.
can you confirm that is total or per child?
thanks

360BakTrak
29th Mar 2019, 09:28
I believe thats total up to 3 children (with QR). Obviously if you have only 1 child it makes it an excellent part of the package! I stand to be corrected, however, as things may have changed.

Silky
29th Mar 2019, 09:43
Ouch
thats not good!

Ramsey
5th Apr 2020, 14:03
Does anyone know the latest T&Cs for Amiri? Especially interested to know if you have staff travel benefits with eg Qatar

Thanks