PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Airlines' Market

STONEHAMMER
23rd Mar 2010, 05:40
Hi, Fellows,

I have a question.
Anybody know why Chinese airlines are recruiting many pilots these days.
Does it mean aviation market of the world is getting better or only Chinese market is moving to the positive direction?

Do you think this is good time to apply for Chinese airline?
I need a long term and stable job.
Appreciate for your personal idea and any information about Chinese market's condition.:O

CaptainProp
23rd Mar 2010, 06:26
China's GDP rose by 7-8-something % last year when most markets crashed and is expected to rise by another 7+ % this year. That's the simple answer. India, Indonesia and Malaysia are other markets doing well.

Aviation as such is not doing particularly well (yet) if you look worldwide, but we have seen some slow recovery in the past 2-3 months I think.

China offers jobs that comes with a pay check and is available almost exclusively to qualified and experienced captains. To go there thinking these companies will offer long term stability is perhaps somewhat naive. They only hire expats because they have to, right now, to keep them jets flying. They don't hire expats because they want to or prefer them, i.e. once local pilots are available and qualified your service will no longer be required, or wanted, and your "contract" will be terminated. Question is - How long will they require your (our) services?

Good luck!

CP