PDA

View Full Version : traffic right and landing permissions

jmeeus
22nd Mar 2010, 16:46
I need to prepare a flight from Europe to South Africa, do I need to apply for overflying permissions for all the countries that I am passing through in Africa or is it just enough if I have a landing permissions for South Africa ?:rolleyes:

FlyEx
22nd Mar 2010, 20:55
You need to apply for overflying permissions for all the countries that you are passing through in Africa.

It is very difficult process and you better apply via an agent like Hadid or Jetex who will apply on your behalf.

VP8
22nd Mar 2010, 22:32
Some countries are Flight Plan Only Notification and do not need permission depending on cargo/pax etc.

If you have Jeppersons each Country section has details on how to apply and ctc details of the appropriate CAA's. Although as the Flyex states these can be a bit of a process to get in ctc with.

Good Luck

VEEPS

dc9-32
23rd Mar 2010, 08:28
jmeeus

You have a private message.

merlinxx
23rd Mar 2010, 14:45
FlyEx showing your loyalties there for the ex DAM folks :E

FlyEx
25th Mar 2010, 08:40
merlinxx as in the song "I know everything about you"...

actually, he dosen't.... :O

merlinxx
25th Mar 2010, 13:45
FlyEx :confused: Me know ? I'm just a mere sprog :{ Though I have been around a bit :ok:

spitfire_sl
28th Mar 2010, 00:14
you are going to need overlight permits for all countries you overfly in Africa, not just the FIRs. Also, for South Africa slots are needed for most airports during the world cup season.

dc9-32
28th Mar 2010, 09:23
you are going to need overlight permits for all countries you overfly in Africa, not just the FIRs.

Not strictly true :ok:

jmeeus - did you see my PM ?

spitfire_sl
28th Mar 2010, 16:45
you are going to need overlight permits for all countries you overfly in Africa, not just the FIRs.

Not strictly true http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

WHY NOT?

dc9-32
29th Mar 2010, 10:11
Because one country FIR can cover another countries airspace :eek:

spitfire_sl
30th Mar 2010, 19:55
Because one country FIR can cover another countries airspace http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif

My point exactly. So if youre flying through 2 countries with a common FIR, 2 overfly permits are needed.