PDA

View Full Version : Lost aircraft keys at gloucestershire airport or Swansea

first taff
22nd Mar 2010, 16:35
Hello
my flying partner has lost a set of keys to his aircraft recently most prob at gloucestershire airport or Swansea , they have no address or tel no on them , however one is stamped "cessna" and there is a clear plastic photo keyring with a labrador retriver picture in it .
if you find them there is a reward , contact me on 07818037213
thank you for your help
Bryan

AlphaMale
23rd Mar 2010, 00:19
I was at Swansea on Sunday and I hadn't heard anything about lost keys.

I tied a few of the aircraft down but didn't see anything on the apron. Have you given them a ring?

I'll ask around on the weekend (Cafe / Club etc) and let you know if I come across anything.

matspart3
23rd Mar 2010, 14:48
Bryan
I'll check when I'm back in the office tomorrow if anything's been handed in or found (Gloucester) Did you go to The Aviator or Transair?

first taff
23rd Mar 2010, 20:47
Hi Both
thanks for looking , yes we had a meal in the aviator , we have called the airport and checked at Swansea (our home base ) but nothig has turned up
thanks again
Bryan

david viewing
24th Mar 2010, 14:43
Something like this happened to me at Big Bear. Got to the hotel after a day of sightseeing only to find horror of horrors no key! Tricky since the spare set was 600mi away in Arizona and would involve a truly humiliating admission of what I'd done.

Ended up re-visiting every scenic overlook, searching the parking lots I'd visited, etc., walking all the trails again but nothing. Then a flash of inspiration - I'd visited the supermarket. Last desperate chance - I called them and Oh yes said the manager we have got some keys! Phew!

So the moral is: if you keep aircraft keys in your pocket, think of places where you might have reached in for money. And link them to your car keys so you can't leave without them!