PDA

View Full Version : CRJ 900 Takeoff/Acceleration Procedure

Righteous R
22nd Mar 2010, 08:13
Dear all,

Two weeks ago I have been invited to a screening (my very first!) in a CRJ900 simulator that will take place next month. The airline provided me with a screening handout containing the takeoff and approach profiles and I have a question about the acceleration procedure after takeoff at 1500 ft AGL. I am hoping that maybe a CRJ pilot could help me with this. The handout says this:
At 1500 ft AGL:
- Lower nose
- Flaps/Slats Retraction (Flaps 1 at V2+20, Flaps 0 at VFTO)
- Climb Thrust
- Accelerate to 250 kts

To me this looks a bit strange as it seems to suggest to select climb thrust only after the flaps are up. So my question is: what is the exact sequence of steps when reaching 1500 ft AGL after takeoff? I presume the correct sequence would be:
At 1500 ft AGL:
- Set Climb Thrust
- Set 250 knots
- Lower nose
- Retract flaps

Could anyone correct/confirm this?
Thanks in advance!

R.

rogerg
22nd Mar 2010, 08:29
I think they are saying maintain T/O power till the flaps are up. Seem to remember thats what we did on the 700. Also if you set 250 knots before the flaps are UP you could exceed the flap speed. I expect a current CRJ pilot will set us straight.

TopBunk
22nd Mar 2010, 08:43
Why don't you just do what their notes say?

That is what they will judge you on, and if you follow the instrucions and they don't like it at least you have something to fall back on in explanation.

If you start making up something else, you will be marked down as not following SOP's.

Don't make it difficult for yourself, KISS:ugh:

rogerg
22nd Mar 2010, 09:42
Sounds like a good idear.

Righteous R
22nd Mar 2010, 10:24

That is what they will judge you on, and if you follow the instrucions and they don't like it at least you have something to fall back on in explanation.

If you start making up something else, you will be marked down as not following SOP's.

Don't make it difficult for yourself, KISS :ugh:

Thank you for your really good advice! I totally agree with you. I must simply do what the handout says and not try to be smart.
But even so, as perhaps a future CRJ pilot, I am really interested in how this aircraft is operated. Maybe a CRJ pilot could share some information?

But you made a really good point, thanks!

R.

misd-agin
22nd Mar 2010, 14:35
TopBunk and rogerg - exactly.

"The handout says..." :ugh::{

TopBunk
22nd Mar 2010, 20:53
But even so, as perhaps a future CRJ pilot, I am really interested in how this aircraft is operated. Maybe a CRJ pilot could share some information?

Listen, are you trying to get a job or what?

Put these idealistics notions aside and concentrate on what you need to do to pass the frigging interview.

You may be really interested in how this aircraft is operated - personally I don't believe it (or you) - right now just concentrate on what is required to get yourself to the next stage of the interview process.

Sorry if this is tough love, but purlease ....

AMAY
3rd Mar 2012, 18:26
Hi Righteous R!

I know this thread is old but I was hoping that you or someone else who sees this post can help me:

I have a screening this next Wednesday an they'll be using a CRJ900 simulator. Since they’re not providing me with any hand-out (this screening has been arranged very last minute) I was hoping you or someone could share this or a similar hand-out and maybe even some tips for my screening. I tried SmartCockpit.com but the files for the CRJ900 have been removed.

Thank you!