PDA

View Full Version : UK Night Qualification from FAA PPL?

AdamFrisch
20th Mar 2010, 01:31
So I'm doing my standalone FAA PPL in Los Angeles. But before I can do the checkride I need 3 hrs of night flying (as that's part of the FAA syllabus). Now, will that US night qualification be transferable to my UK PPL as a NQ?

Mark 1
20th Mar 2010, 02:12
Those 3 hours all count. If you do another 2 hours dual or supervised solo and get it endorsed in your logbook, you'll have met the requirements to get a NQ issued.

You'll still have to pay for it though.

Where are you in L.A.? I was out last night practising the ILS into Torrance just as the marine layer was rolling in. It looks like we're entering that time of year again.

AdamFrisch
20th Mar 2010, 02:25
Thanks for the info. I was under the false impression that the UK NQ was only 3hrs as well, but you're of course right - it's 5hrs. JAA never came across a US endorsement they didn't want to add hours to or generally make non-compatible...:D:}

I fly out of Santa Monica airport. Just waiting for my new non-shaded prescription glasses to come back from the optician so I can get out and do some night flying. I'll try to hit Torrance at some point.