PDA

View Full Version : Hurn College Closure?

blondiekat
19th Mar 2010, 12:07
Hi,

Does anyone know what Nats plan to do with their A.T.C. College in Hurn with regard to relocating? I've heard a rumour that they are in the process of shipping the lot to Swanwick and the Aerodrome course will now be based at Heathrow (or possibly scrapped altogether!!)

If you can shed any light on this subject it would be greatly appreciated as I'm due to start as a trainee within the next 6 months.

Thanks, Blondiekat.

Vortex Issues
19th Mar 2010, 12:17
The College is moving to CTC in Whitely, a couple of miles from Swanwick

ZOOKER
19th Mar 2010, 13:14
So, in ATC terms, it's the equivalent to closing/'relocating' Oxford or Cambridge. :uhoh:

Fletchers Left Boot
19th Mar 2010, 13:29
All the courses currently run at Hurn will be run at Whiteley after the College move.

ZOOKER
19th Mar 2010, 13:47
Fletcher,
I don't doubt that.
If they moved 'Oxbridge' to Milton Keynes all the courses would probably still run.
What is this? a final parting-shot from the alleged 'Godfather' perchance?

ImnotanERIC
19th Mar 2010, 14:21
what the hell are you talking about?

ZOOKER
19th Mar 2010, 14:35
ERIC,
The 'centre of excellence' where you, (and doubtless most of your colleagues) were trained to be ATCOs. :ok:

Pat42
19th Mar 2010, 15:27
Well this is interesting.... I'm due to start at Hurn in August and had heard nothing of this, is this a long term/far in the future thing or is it likely to effect current and/or soon to be starting students?

lowlevelowl
19th Mar 2010, 15:55
I was at the college on Wednesday for my Stage 3 and the lady showing us around said the move was happening at some point in 2011 but they hadn't been given any more details than that so far.

Lon More
19th Mar 2010, 16:50
The 'centre of excellence' where you, (and doubtless most of your colleagues) were trained to be ATCOs.

But is Eric a controller? Lots of strange fish ib the Swanwick deeps

chevvron
19th Mar 2010, 17:28
I sincerely hope they're going to build extra car parks as there's not enough space there now.

eglnyt
19th Mar 2010, 19:52
Not allowed to build enough car park because of planning regulations introduced by 2 jags Prestcott to encourage people to use public transport. Unfortunately that legislation applies even though Whiteley doesn't have any public transport to use.

ZOOKER
19th Mar 2010, 20:30
Ah, 2 Jags,
A member of the same "Our air is not for sale" party that appointed 'The (alleged) Godfather'.
The car-parking issue is however, irrelevant. In the future, when TACTs are paying for their own training, they will be unable to afford a "meal deal", let alone a second-hand Nissan Note.