PDA

View Full Version : A330 - ETOPS FUEL RESERVE on ECAM

tayyareci
17th Mar 2010, 12:47
On A330 the Ecam Caution FUEL ETOPS RESERVE comes when there's about 3 hours of fuel left. The FCOM 3 has the following explanation for this ECAM

FUEL ETOPS RESERVE
Crew awareness.
The FOB corresponds to approximately 3 hours of flight.
Note: This ECAM caution is unduly triggered when on batteries, or when in electrical
- emergency configuration with emergency generator supplied by the RAT.
This ECAM caution can also be unduly triggered, when an FCMC is failed or
inoperative, or if the power supply of the level sensors is failed.

I would like to find out the reason for this ECAM is it a requirement for ETOPs qualification ? Can anyone help me please thanks

Kestrel_Stu
18th Mar 2010, 14:22
Our A330s (all ETOPS) do not have this message (just checked the FCOMs).

Sounds like a nicety installed on the newer models, or perhaps a company option. Definately not an ETOPS requirement. Like your FCOM states "Crew awareness"...

Sounds similar to the FOB BELOW 3T memo on (some) A320s. Company option that one I think.

Strange that you state it is an ECAM Caution though, are you certain it's not just a memo? Doesn't seem to fit the caution definition "An operating procedure, technique, etc. that may result in damage to equipment if not followed".

tayyareci
18th Mar 2010, 17:09
Thanks for the reply

I called it caution because on FCOM 3 this ECAM message is referred as ECAM caution and I just realized that not all of our 330's have it only the older versions have this ECAM message

Note: This ECAM caution is unduly triggered when on batteries, or when in electrical
- emergency configuration with emergency generator supplied by the RAT.
This ECAM caution can also be unduly triggered, when an FCMC is failed or
inoperative, or if the power supply of the level sensors is failed.