PDA

View Full Version : Do i need An Updated AIP for OZ atpl met & airlaw??

Red max
16th Mar 2010, 13:13
I checked the online AIP and there weren't any major differences in AIP GEN 3.5 from the ver that i've got which is from 07, I'm not sure about airlaw though beside the handling speeds on enr 1.15.1 which is all i found i might have missed something or there might be amendemnts which im not aware of !! any Help would be appreciated, Thanks

Red max
16th Mar 2010, 13:37
thats why i posted , On the amendments they changed minor things such as "örigination time" to "issued time" , i asked around and i got mixed respones some told me that i should get a new one , others said don't bother because there aren't any significant changes and CASA don't update the exams too often.

MadMadMike
16th Mar 2010, 14:10
You should be alright...

NOSIGN
16th Mar 2010, 19:26
I had a 7 or 8 year old copy of the AIP, and several year old cao's etc and scored highly. However I read the current online material and hardly needed to reference the reference documents.

HTH

Tempo
16th Mar 2010, 22:53
Why don't you just call airservices and order the ammendments since your last revision date? Failing that, just order a new AIP.

Firstly,it's got to be better than failing.

Secondly, you have a nice up to date AIP to go with your brand new licence.

archangel7
18th Mar 2010, 18:37
is this the dumbest question on pprune? :cool:

40Deg STH
18th Mar 2010, 22:35
Red max

I'm sorry to say, but this is no way to start a career in aviation. We all have been through the cost of learning to fly, but some things are just not able to be avoided. Death, taxes, nurses and ALWAYS having current publications.
Good luck in the exams, be prepared.