PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 150 shoulder belt?

On Glide
15th Mar 2010, 17:09
Hi all, a friend of mine has just bought a nice Cessna F150J which has lap straps but no shoulder harness. Does anyone know how to get the fitment of shoulder belts approved by the CAA? The aircraft's on an EASA CofA/ARC.

Happy landings, OG

Aviator1512
15th Mar 2010, 20:34
Easy - Cessna already have a harness service kit with all the bits you need - see Cessna Service Bulletin SEB92-28.
F150J use the kit SK150-61-2. You also get all new harnesses. Its available from all Cessna sources. One kit does both seats.
As it is a manufacturer's service kit approved under a SB - no further approval required - simply fit and sign off!

Pilot DAR
16th Mar 2010, 03:20
The kit mentioned is probably best, if applicable. If for some reason, it ends up not being suitable, you will probably find AC43.13-2B offers adequate information. You will very likely find hardpoint anchor nuts are already installed in the fuselage spar carry through, to anchor the shoulder harness fitting. I highly recommend the Hooker Harness assembly for a complete replacement. Bear in mind that Cessna recommends replacement of seat belt webbing every ten years, and in Canada, that is mandatory. If the lap belt in the 150 is original, it may be time....

If you use an installation other than a whole kit, you may have a bit more challenge making the shoulder belt connect to the lap belt. It is necessary that the fittings be compatible. Assure that the finished installation is NOT configured such that when the lap belt is un latched, the shoulder harness remains connected. This was a failing in design in some Cessnas of that vintage. The problem is that if you end up inverted in the aircraft, and your weight is hanging form the shoulder harness, you cannot disconnect it, and you are still stuck.

Give this some thought, before you commit to a final configuration. If there is any doubt, or problem, feel free to PM me...

Pilot DAR

On Glide
18th Mar 2010, 15:23
Thanks for the info chaps, I will pass this onto my friend.

OG