PDA

View Full Version : UK R/T examination

Jofcom
15th Mar 2010, 14:47
Guys,

I need to get in touch with a UK PPL training organisation where I can sit for an R/T written examination. The issue here is that back 10 years ago when I did my PPL Malta was not part of the JAR Ops and I sat for the UK CAA papers.

My license expired and I need to sit for the R/T written examination again, however I can't do that here in Malta since we are now under JAR Ops legislation. I will eventually convert my license to Maltese JAR but I need a valid UK license to go through this conversion. Anyone knows of a good PPL training academy where I can sit for the R/T examination session?

Whopity
15th Mar 2010, 16:30
The UK RT Licence has nothing to do with JAR-OPS or JAR-FCL it is a stand alone UK National Licence! There were two RT Examiners in Malta tested by the UK CAA and appointed by the DGAC Malta. They should be able to do your test which should then be accepted by the UK CAA. They were associated with the Microlight School at Luqa.

Call the DGAC and enquire if they are still authorised. Failing that, there is a list of RTF Examiners here http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FRTOLExaminersOctober2009v3.pdf

Jofcom
17th Mar 2010, 17:06
Thanks a million for the info provided.

I will get in touch with them, if unsuccessful i will have to go to the UK.

Regards
Joffrey