PDA

View Full Version : SEIR revalidation during LST?

Johnny Tightlips
14th Mar 2010, 14:46
Hi all
I have my B737 LST coming up in 2 weeks. I would like to revalidate my single pilot IR(which expires in 6 weeks) as part of the LST. I have more than the minimum 3 IFR DEP/APP completed in a single engine during the last 12 months and I would like to know what the procedure is. Is it just a case of the examiner signing my SPA IR page or does he need to fill in separate paperwork? I would appreciate any info from people that have done this before. Forgot to mention I am referring to the JAA system.

Thanks in advance.

punk666
14th Mar 2010, 14:54
Johnny my dear boy you cant do it!

The B737 gives you a MPA IR for that particular aircraft, it doesnt cover the SEP IR.
Unless your flying SPA it is no used to you if your flying jets.

Correct me if im wrong though!

mad_jock
14th Mar 2010, 15:08
The TRE can't do it but if you go find a CRE they can do it. I don't know the in's and outs of it but a FO I used to work with managed to renew it by experence. The CRE needed lots of convincing before he would do it though.

Johnny Tightlips
14th Mar 2010, 15:18
It can definitely be done it's in JAR-FCL 1 and its called "cross crediting". Its on Page 166 http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf. I do a lot of SEP flying in my spare time and it's good to know I have the IR as a backup if the WX goes crap- which it does:ok:

S-Works
14th Mar 2010, 15:42
It can be done, if a little convuluted. However you will need to find an examiner that can do it. Not all TRE's are CRE's.

mad_jock
14th Mar 2010, 15:44
You just need to go and find a CRE IR then.

As I said he had a bit of a job convincing him but he signed it in the end

Johnny Tightlips
14th Mar 2010, 15:49
Thanks for clearing that up I just taught any TRE could sign it. As long as I can find a CRE before the end of April it should be O.K. Thanks again:ok:

Whopity
14th Mar 2010, 19:42
Table 4B in the Examiners Handbook says that it can be done by a IRE or CRE(IRR).

Standards Doc 14 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/DOC%2014%20V5%20.pdf)Para 9