View Full Version : Route analysis

Cheeser
12th Mar 2010, 00:36
Please can someone point me towards a document outlining the steps involved in underrtaking a route analysis. I'm a student and want to run a do some route analyses on sectors into/ex-Iraq (a potential gold-rush once reconstruction begins in earnest).

I can look at other carriers frequency / timings, but would like more information about what else is involved.

pointers? Docs? all welcome

OverRun
12th Mar 2010, 02:54
Two books, and for your task I prefer Clark:
Paul Clark. Buying the Big Jets. 2nd ed. Ashgate.
Rigas Doganis Flying off course - the economics of international airlines. 3rd ed. Routledge.

You're asking about a commercially sensitive area though, and may find it hard to get some of the information. To cross-check that your answers are coming out close, get hold of an airline annual report or two, and check your seat-km costs are understandable in terms of theirs.

On the beach
12th Mar 2010, 12:26
I should check this site first to see if your route has already been analysed. It might save you reinventing the wheel, so to speak:

Route News | anna.aero (http://www.anna.aero/category/route-news/)

On the beach :ok:

Cheeser
12th Mar 2010, 18:55
Appreciate your time - i will buy the book. Cheers

Doors to Automatic
15th Mar 2010, 22:53
Cheeser - I do this sort of work for a living; please PM me with some details of what you want to produce and I will help you as much as I can.