PDA

View Full Version : Cheap aircraft rental/group flying

Evan21
10th Mar 2010, 19:28
Anyone aware of any groups in the london area/SE England selling shares in aircraft? very few advertised in pilot magazine.....idea is to hour build but also be able to take the plane away for Europe trips. Any suggestions?

reimomo
10th Mar 2010, 21:12
Hi Evan

We're looking for one more member for our Warrior group, based at Biggin.

G-CEIZ, PA28-161, TTAF 3350, Engine 1250, IFR panel, Century IIB autopilot, Mode S, fresh annual, etc.

We often take it away to Europe, PM me for more details.

jxc
10th Mar 2010, 23:36
I have a share in a Cessna 172 for sale as moving out of the area based on a farm strip near Braintree, Essex

Pilot DAR
11th Mar 2010, 01:22
This will sound caustic, and I don't mean it that way, but personally, I avoid "cheap" aircraft. It could sound like you're looking for the "terribly maintained" "spam cans" which are spoken of so poorly around here.

"Basic", "Economical", "Entry level".....

We've all been there, trying to get the most for our flying dollar, but we all have our minimum standards too...

Best of luck, I'm confident you'll find something just right, and fly and pay for it with pride....

A and C
11th Mar 2010, 09:47
You could click on the link in the top right hand corner of this page or below but these people do inxpensive but not "cheap" aircraft.

index (http://www.bigredkite.com)

Evan21
11th Mar 2010, 10:29
Thanks, iv had a look and emailed the chap with a few questions, quite reasonable prices really.

Evan21
11th Mar 2010, 10:31
Sounds good!

madlandrover
11th Mar 2010, 19:27
Aircraft Grouping (http://www.aircraftgrouping.com/) do something similar, placing groups at airfields without the risk of total loss if there's a crash etc. Nothing down your way, but for people elsewhere in the UK some of the prices look pretty good (no links with them, but I've flown a couple of their aircraft and been in general happy with the standards).

ballyctid
12th Mar 2010, 12:15
I'm after a share in the east midlands area, Gamston, Tollerton, Leicester or any private strips.

If anyone knows of any going please let me know.

Cheers

micromalc
12th Mar 2010, 18:09
There is always the North weald flying group at (surprise surprise) North Weald airfield and there is also a nice little DA20 there also, and i believe they have a vacancy.

Evan21
12th Mar 2010, 19:50
Thanks, il try and find it.