PDA

View Full Version : SLS Payback

snoopy99
10th Mar 2010, 14:47
What an insult that Captains will be returned only 90 % of their SLS while all others receive 100 %. What in the hell good will that 10 % do the company that makes it so worth the slap in the face? It is not about the money, but the poor message it sends.

Chief Pilots should be embarrassed to look their captains in the eye. We all know they are getting 90 % plus big bonus for the sales job they did.

Just another kick in the balls.

cxshareholder
11th Mar 2010, 02:42
All I can say is for the rebellious types in CX, it should have been 52 weeks SLS and 0% repayment.

Here's to my 10 cents a share, maybe using the above method we can squeeze it up to 20 cents - cheers Tony! :ok:

deepdiggings
11th Mar 2010, 03:24
Totally agree. You captains gave them four weeks as requested. I'd be banging down the DFO's door over that one or they will have big problems getting captains to sign up next time, and there will be a next time!

water check
11th Mar 2010, 03:30
...yes, this is difficult to see it as anything other than a petty swipe at the Captains. I would love to hear a RATIONAL explanation as to why they only deserved 90%. Seems utterly small minded and lacking in class.

boocs
11th Mar 2010, 03:41
A very good point water check. Why 90%? Who came up with that figure and why? Why not 95%, 99%, or wait for it... why not 100%?

I will be more than happy to participate in any future SLS/ULV scheme offered by The Cathay Pacific Group......................upon full repayment of 2009 SLS.

b.

laterla
11th Mar 2010, 04:14
Job LevelAmount of PaymentLevel A100% of the “Relevant Amount”Level B100% of the “Relevant Amount”Level C100% of the “Relevant Amount”Level D & above90% of the “Relevant Amount”

This affects lvl D and above not just captains

FO4EVA
11th Mar 2010, 04:22
Yes, I really feel sorry for you captains.
Earning half a billion dollars a year, getting 28 extra days off and only being charged 2.8 days salary for it. Poor you.
Compare cabin crew: work twice as hard, earn peanuts and get an extra 7 days off in the year for free. I wouldn't whine to them, you may get a little something extra in your coffee next time.
In the biggest global financial crisis for many years, you lost 2.8 days salary. Stop worrying about everybody else.
Clowns.

Kurtis Chukle Willis
11th Mar 2010, 04:48
Divide and conquer !!! This has always been Cathay's ploy, if you haven't figured that out by now. Look after one group and screw the other. That way we spend our time in fighting instead of dealing with them. Look back over time and this is how they have always done it. Anyhow, I get my full 3 weeks back so.......... I'm alright Jack.

Five Green
11th Mar 2010, 06:17
Kcw:

Don't see this as divide and conquer. We are not voting on this. We are not being told to accept the Captain's screwing over in order to get our full 100%. No I think all flight crew would agree this is wrong.

This is just stupid management. In a twisted way they may even have been trying to show that the upper management was willing to forgo some of the SLS payback.

Instead they have pissed the very crew off who do a large amount of Company ass covering by extending into discretion, working G days, answering the phone etc.

I for one think this is a bizarre way to handle your most senior crew...

FG

water check
11th Mar 2010, 08:50
fO4EVA....one post eh? I suggest you crawl back in your hole. I don't recall saying I was going to mention it to the cabin crew. I was simply stating that there doesn't seem to be much sense in giving back only 90%, when all other groups received 100%. Of course, you were too frantic in registering on Pprune so you could have a go at someone, completely missing the point of the comment in the first place. In case it hasn't occurred to you, the money in question is my basic salary. I don't have to justify it to you or anyone else for that matter. As far as the 'biggest financial crisis in years'....CX declared a 4 BILLION dollar profit. I think another 10% could have been 'scraped' out...don't you? Why don't you de-register and go and join a wannabe forum, you may just qualify for that.

Ex Cathedra
11th Mar 2010, 09:21
Don't see this as divide and conquer. We are not voting on this.

It is.
CX divided the pilot body. Captains will be pissed, but the rest of the pilots will not go out of the way to defend them since they've gotten RA65 and everybody's upgrade was conscequently delayed.

And by shafting the capts, they save the most money.

FO4EVA
11th Mar 2010, 11:12
Fine, whatever.
Would you agree that if Level D staff got 100% sls back then they would have gained the most? Ie 4 free weeks?
How do YOU think that would look to the majority of level A-C staff?

Dan Winterland
11th Mar 2010, 14:21
But it won't stop F/Os wanting to be one!

snoopy99
11th Mar 2010, 14:28
I challenge CX to give the 10 % to the Sunnyside club.

colts19
11th Mar 2010, 19:01
So agree!!! 2.8 days for 4 weeks off in the largest financial downturn since the great depression...Get some F@#$%&! reality here.

Glass Half Empty
11th Mar 2010, 21:34
you are missing the point completely. 100% for all or 90% for all not a selective issue as it is here.

404 Titan
12th Mar 2010, 00:49
FO4EVA is a troll.

I little maths lesson for Mr Troll:

-1+1=0
-2+2=0
-3+3=0
-4+3.6≠0

And yes Mr Troll, I am a SFO.

SMOC
12th Mar 2010, 01:55
It gets worse!

Unpaid leave was offered before SLS, those who took UNPAID leave didn't have to sign up for SLS.

So guess what if you took unpaid leave you get $0 , only those who signed up for SLS get it back :eek: beside the 90%ers :ugh:

Cabin crew are fuming as apparently a lot signed for unpaid leave to help the company out as opposed to SLS.

How many cockpit crew did the same? :sad:

"CX, striving to have the lowest morals of any company out there" :D

FO4EVA
12th Mar 2010, 01:58
or another way:
1 extra weeks leave
2 extra weeks leave
3 extra weeks leave
3.6 extra weeks leave, lose 2.8 days pay.

Who got the best deal there??? Level C perhaps? Or Level D? Sure as hell wasn't Level A.
If all you people could pay 3 days salary for 4 weeks leave would you???? I know I sure as sh!t would.
I think it was more unfair that level D had to take more UPL in the first place....

Maybe I'm just not as negative as you.
edit: oooooo a SFO

cxshareholder
12th Mar 2010, 02:14
This is just so exciting. Thankyou Tony, you're ways of abusing the minions are wonderful. I often feel my dividends rising with every divisive word that you speak.

Nurse the screens and the kleenex at once!

Ooooooooooooh yyyyeeesssssss......:uhoh:

404 Titan
12th Mar 2010, 02:28
Troll

Ooopps I mean FO4EVA,
I think it was more unfair that level D had to take more UPL in the first place....

I agree. But you have forgotten there was more pain for them to start with. What makes it fare that they shouldn’t get all there SLS back like everyone else?

Sqwak7700
12th Mar 2010, 02:58
I think they realize that Captains are willing to take more ****t than FOs and SOs. After all, captains were happy to extend on lower conditions rather than uniting to prevent anybody to extend on lower terms.

At the end of the day, they did it because they can, simple as that. Cathay doesn't spend money unless they have to.

F Scaler
13th Mar 2010, 06:01
It's wonderful to see Tony being an impressive leader, gaining respect from low level staff by showing them he can live on 90%.

What frustrates me is how our minions can't see the big picture (BBB-Blinded by BS). He and his Level E staff just get it all back and more in their bonuses they feed themselves for doing such an incredible job. So yeah. It will just be the Level D staff that are targeted.

Oh hail Tony The Great

crewsunite
13th Mar 2010, 11:58
After an unexpected upswing in demand in the fourth quarter, the airline decided to halve the unpaid-leave period to two weeks. Senior management, including Pratt, chief executive Tony Tyler and chief operating officer John Slosar may also resume receiving bonuses in the 2009 financial year after the decision to suspend it in 2008 as long as shareholders give their approval in the annual meeting.

Thus mostly Cpt's take a hit..
What an insult. Don't lie down Guys lead by example and say no way!

cxshareholder
15th Mar 2010, 01:29
I say Crews Unite, what is it exactly you want your colleagues to "say no way" to? If you were more specifie then they might rise-up like my share prices are doing....

As I see it Tony has already given 'us' shareholders great pleasure, he's such a cunning linguist, by screwing everybody but himself, the true sign of a wonderful manager!

Long live my dividend! :ok:

BlueEng
20th Mar 2010, 14:25
I think there are more level D's than pilots. Level D is supposed to be amanagement position, hence management take more pain than "minions" A supposed show of sacrifice from management. How can a capt (level D) be anti-company? He IS management.

broadband circuit
20th Mar 2010, 23:21
How can a capt (level D) be anti-company? He IS management.

I'm here to tell you BlueEng, that I am actually extremely pro company. I'm in fact extremely anti- the current management team. They have been for many years (and continue to this day) leading this once-great company to ruin, all in the name of "shareholder value" (read: their bonuses)

Their outlook is just simply too short-term, which is NOT the outlook that the majority of the staff have. By attacking their staff, and whittling away not just our contracts, but also the product under the almighty umbrella of "cost cutting", they have greatly decreased the long-term value of the company. How is that in the interest of "shareholder value"?

Notice that the share price "fluctuates" between HK$12 & $19 (approx) normally, although in temporary crisis times such as SARS, & the GFC, it has been lower. Yet, strangely, some analysts believe that the true value is potentially $25 - $30, based on the fundamentals etc etc etc.

Why then hasn't the market driven it to $25? What is scaring potential investors from forking out the big $$ for stock code 293? (rhetorical question) :confused:

crewsunite
21st Mar 2010, 14:35
CXshareholder ur (our) dividend SUCKS 10cents pls:yuk: !

Staff and shareholders are been ripped off big time by these swine managers. Why do u think Citic has been so egger to get out for such a long time..

You'll see they will get the price moderate for a while then drive it up to $20 then crash it back to $10 (given the right economic conditions & timings)

Depreciation ( new planes & Cargo building) & Paying for maintenance are not cheap when in years of good profits.. etc..

This company is IMMORAL just like the many others days..

Team work? right!

cxshareholder
22nd Mar 2010, 03:29
crewsunite

thankyou for the very considered and eloquent response - but it didn't answer the question:

what is it exactly you want your colleagues to "say no way" to?

I note that my share's values are still rising, I'm also noticing that there is an interesting relationship here. As the share price continues to go up, the small round furry things of those unwilling to "say no way" seem to continue to shrink, unlike the FAU. But then again the FAU don't need balls, they've got nails!

Anyway must go, TT is bout to orate and I need to get the mink-mitten ready..........nurse! :oh:

crwjerk
2nd Apr 2010, 07:25
APRIL FOOL"S DAY JOKE???
A positive Weekly update......???? OMG............. At least he'll get his bonus.

water check
5th Apr 2010, 17:42
...they always get their bonuses

bobrun
6th Apr 2010, 02:25
...they always get their bonuses

...paid for with our bonuses :}

cxlinedriver
6th Apr 2010, 03:43
Never say yes to SLS. Never say yes to working a G Day.

(But lets not forget that Captains get to work to 65 at the expense of anyone without a command.)

Air Profit
6th Apr 2010, 03:44
....so...it's the Captains fault then.....great, thanks for the clarification.

sorvad
6th Apr 2010, 06:11
From Cxlinedriver ........"(But lets not forget that Captains get to work to 65 at the expense of anyone without a command.)".....

Idiot

Air Profit
7th Apr 2010, 15:30
....no...moron would be more descriptive.

sorvad
7th Apr 2010, 18:50
cxlinedriver....just what thought processes go through your head that lead you to believe that a medically fit professional Captain who...god forbid actually quite likes his job and the people he fly's with, and who suddenly has been given the opportunity (as I might add have you) to extend his career by several more years, with all the personal, and of course financial reward that it brings, should stand aside 10 years before almost every other pilot in our profession now has to, just so you can get the command in exactly the time it was suggested it might take when you joined?.......just get real ...things change ...and because they do, you might also be able to work that little bit longer if you can, and you wish to...or will you graciously step down at 55 because thats what was in your contract when you joined...

....by the way I'm a 10 year F/O and not a Captain even though they said it would be about 8 years to command when I joined.