PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

pav1981
8th Mar 2010, 16:01
Does anyone know of any instructor vacancies? I have been looking online and calling various schools to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated!!! :ugh:

S-Works
8th Mar 2010, 16:41
In this climate? I am afraid that you are part of a very long queue.

Duchess_Driver
8th Mar 2010, 18:09
Don't call on the phone.

Knock on CFI's doors. Get in front of the recruiter. Within easy (ish) reach of your stated location you have Andrewsfield, Stapleford, Panshanger, Elstree, Denham, Fairoaks, Halton, Wycombe, Waltham, Cranfield and Southend without even thinking about it. Most of these places will have more than one school.

Even then there is no guarantees....but if you believe in right time, right place mentality.

Just my twopeneth.

Duchess

pablo
9th Mar 2010, 02:07
Hi Pav,

it's indeed a difficult moment, but as Duchess Driver says go there in person and follow up once in a while.
And don't just leave a c.v. to "whoever" happens to be at the office := . He/she might forget to give the c.v. to the proper person. Get always hold of the guy in charge of hiring FIs, handshake, hand in the c.v., small chat, etc...

I think it's an advantage since the guy has a chance to take a look at you and have a small chat, ask questions about your experience, etc... Like a mini-interview.

You have more chances of getting lucky than just with a phone call.

And don't forget to report back when you find the job!

Good luck :ok:

18greens
16th Mar 2010, 22:20
One small consolation is the market comes and goes faster than er .. a fast thing (I'll think of a witty thing as soon as I press post)

I did my FIC in 2003 and was assured there were no jobs anywhere and there was cack all chance of a job anywhere ever (And don't come back and why did you waste good money on an instructors rating anyway - you fool ). Six months later schools had mass resignations and they were crying for instructors, and seemed to be for the next 6 years.

So six months time , mark my words....

pablo
16th Mar 2010, 22:36
the market comes and goes faster than A FART

what about that one?
(not only the speed this market changes, but how it smells sometimes :} :E )

Hope you are right mate because I'm getting rusty and missing instructing.
My story was slightly different, did my FIC got job straight away and then accepted a seemingly good offer with certain JAA school in the USA. Takeover by some Canadian giant and I was stuck at ground instruction and eventually "politely invited to leave" when I fell sick and lost my class I.

Still as far as I know the market is fair for those instructors with IRI and CRI. My aim was to get the IRI as quickly as possible but things didn't turn as planned. I hope to be luckier in the future.

Good luck everyone! :ok: