PDA

View Full Version : CRM training Regulatory requirements

VinRouge
8th Mar 2010, 10:41
Anyone got the lowdown on which legislation affects civvie (UK in particular) operations manuals with respect to initial and recurrent Human factors (performance/limitations) or CRM training?

Is it mandated that operators have to supply HF training to their Pilots in particular, or is up to company policy to determine if CRM training occurs?

If it is legislated, where can I find it? I have seen EASA part 145/Part M, but what standards docments exist within the CAA framework for initial and recurrent CRM/HF training of pilots?

turbocharged
8th Mar 2010, 14:54
simplest approach for a UK operator is to look at CAA doc CAP 737. It's all there. EU-OPS Subpart N contains the requirement

VinRouge
8th Mar 2010, 18:30
I looked at 737, it came across as a training manual rather than "Bloggs employed as pilot is to complete X,y,Z"...

Thanks for the reply though. :ok:

Edit: Found it in EUOPS thanks!

turbocharged
8th Mar 2010, 20:43
It does rather look that way bit that's because it's what the Operators were asking for: what does the Regulator want to see to be satisfied that EU-OPS is being complied with and where do I find the background information.

zoigberg
12th Mar 2010, 15:30
Check out CAP 737 App 16 Document 29 for requirements

turbocharged
12th Mar 2010, 16:40
But don't forget that Stds Doc 29 only applies to UK operators, as does much of CAP 737. The source document for non-UK is EU-OPS subpart N and associated AMC.