PDA

View Full Version : REcommendation of JAA Flight School in the US

CrocTom
8th Mar 2010, 06:24
I am looking for a JAA flight school in the US for doing my JAA PPL. Which school is a good choice?

best regards,
Thomas

Katamarino
8th Mar 2010, 09:43
Check this forum:

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies-14/)

This question comes up about once a day there, it seems. I did my PPL at European Flight Training (Fort Pierce, Florida) in 2005 and they were fine. A lot has changed since then though, but they still get decent reviews.

Also Anglo-American Aviation (I think thats the name) in San Diego have been very responsive and helpful to me via email; but I have not yet flown there.

CrocTom
15th Mar 2010, 07:10
Thanks for the information. I am also thinking about going to Anglo-American Aviation (now American Aviation Academy)...

BillieBob
15th Mar 2010, 10:06
Assuming from your profile that you are located in Austria, have you checked that the Austrian Authority will accept training and testing at a UK approved FTO for issue of a licence? Alternatively, if you are intending to obtain a JAA licence issued by the UK, have you checked the medical requirements and the need to have passed the UK PPL theoretical knowledge examinations?

The JAA requirements are the same throughout the JAA........except where they are different!