PDA

View Full Version : Chief cook and bottle washer

rigpiggy
5th Mar 2010, 15:26
In Canada, we have a POC "private operators certificate system. I have a gentleman who wants me to run the flight department for a TBM 850. Oh I would be the flight department. CP, Dir Ops, PRM, pilot, dispatcher, everything this guy isn't really hurting for cash. I'm thinking 90+ CAD$/annum+expense card. does this sound reasonable?

Birdy767
5th Mar 2010, 15:30
Not at all !!! But what are the options? Good luck.

cactusbusdrvr
6th Mar 2010, 05:02
For flying a single engine turboprop? That's a damn good salary.

If you can get hold of a copy of Professional Pilot (US aviation magazine for corporate pilots) they have an annual salary survey that would show you where you stand. Unless you are just posting to brag a little.

clunckdriver
6th Mar 2010, 13:47
Totally within the ball park, on my rate I make more than that {tax free} on a twin piston, just turned down another aircraft {601} for a lot more, dont for Petes sake sink down to the rates south of the border. Be prepared for idiots to try to work their way in and fly for less, I find an "interview" in the parking lot solves the problem, the worst offenders seem to be a---holes who have gone to the EU and paid to sit in some heavy metal, the good news is they have no clue how to find the ground without all the aids , took one for a spin recently, didnt have a bloody clue on a black hole apch, or a circling onto 3500 feet of snow covered real estate.PM me if you want more info.

604guy
6th Mar 2010, 15:50
For a single person 604 operation that is about right.

With all due respect to our American cousin, Professional Pilot salary scales tend not to be representative of those north of the 45th parallel. :)

bobrun
7th Mar 2010, 20:23
And I would ask for a 15% or so pension fund on top of your annual salary.