PDA

View Full Version : Classair @ Biggin Hill gone bust

tomtom_91
1st Mar 2010, 13:02
Hi All,

Just in case anyone is interested, after months of rumers etc classair has declared (publicly) that they have stoped trading...

Classair (http://www.classair.co.uk/)

Unfortunately Classair has found it necessary to stop trading.

TW

stevelup
23rd Aug 2010, 14:20
You have very little chance with the administrators as there are likely to be many 'preferential creditors'.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, then you should contact your card issuer who will almost certainly refund you in full.

If you paid by Visa Debit, the card issuer *may* help, but it's moderately unlikely.

If you paid by any other means, you are probably out of luck.

julian_storey
24th Aug 2010, 09:40
It's a very great shame that Iris ceased trading. She spent her whole flying career teaching people to fly and Biggin Hill is poorer for her absence.

airac
25th Aug 2010, 19:41
Yes indeed a great shame for Iris and all students concerned. I am sure Iris tried her hardest to keep going .
I for one wish her well for the future.:(

ChrisGr31
29th Aug 2010, 20:17
It is a condition of VISA that its debit card issuers give refunds to cardholders who have not received a product/service.

However phoning the bank is likely to be unsuccessful. So you need to write to them. I had an issue when I had ordered a made to measure suit using my Halifax Visa debit card. The shop went bust, I phoned the Halifax and they denied they should refund the money, and told me to claim from the Administrators. I wrote to the Halifax and within 3 days the money was back in my account.

Googling will find more details on the VISA refund which means exact details can be quoted. The advantage of the VISA scheme is that there is no minimum or maximum claim.

tonker
18th Apr 2012, 19:11
Stark raving mad owner. Obsessed with cats, and used an RAC roadmap to navigate. She struggled to find Goodwood when i was there!

Angel_1_five
18th Apr 2012, 21:51
I prefer the AA roadmap it has speed cameras marked.:)

Not the red button
21st Sep 2012, 13:36
Real shame. I wish her (and William) all the best - she lived for flying that one.

Graham M Williams
30th Nov 2012, 08:07
Hi, I am new here and just stumbled upon this Form by accident, what caught my eye was the fact that Classair had ceased trading.. sad news indeed, I flew with Iris out of Biggin in the Tomahawk some years ago, lovely lady.