Could you please refresh my memory
when you prepare a flight , how do you check weather mimnima for:
T/off airport
landing airport
Take off alternates
Landing alternates
enroute alternates

I found that some dispatchers just check the "best" minimums for the airport:
for instance, taking the jeppesen charts, the airport has got an ILS, then they take those minima
others "degrade themselves"(it might not be proper english), that is, in the above example they would assume ILS is out, the they would take minima for a VOR approach for instance
some do that for all airports , somme only for landing airports......I found that everybody does it differently; The only thing they agee on is to take RVR for t/off airport

What is the correct way ?
I haven't found anything in the EUOPS

Thanks for your answer

getjetsetgo
10th Mar 2010, 22:45
The correct way is to Compare the Minimums on plates for landing to the Forecast weather at your arrival for the Landing minimums. Whether or not the cloud cover and visibility forecast allows you to make the approach. When doing this you take into account what runways are available and if they have ILS or Other non precision approaches. This is because you might have a captain who is not qualified for a certain minimum. Take off Minimums are usually set unless the departure plate states that non standard minimums exist. In the US the rule for that one states all you need to take off is 1 statute mile down the runway if your in a twin engine aircraft. After take off you just shoot through the clouds. A take off alternate is considered if the ceiling and vis at time of departure do not allow you to turn around and see the runway under the clouds. In that case the T/O alternate is chosen must then be a particular distance from the Departure airport depending on the amount of engines the aircraft has. For example in the US the rule is with in 1 hour in still air with one engine inop for a twin engine aircraft. There is alot more to be said but i hope this helps.

boredcounter
11th Mar 2010, 21:23
Charts and NOTAMS, is the simple answer. Never assume a degrade to airfield equipment. All relevent minima to be used, will be in your Ops Manual and may be increased from the 'Standard CATI 550m' by your published minima, ie Jepps, further increased by NOTAM or AIP.

Back at NH
16th Mar 2010, 12:17
Precision Approach minima for Destination

Non-precision approach minima for Alternates

av3
18th Mar 2010, 17:19
thanks for your answers guys...you see that s what Iam saying , everybody seems to do that differently!
cheers