PDA

View Full Version : FAA standalone Multi Engine - transferable to JAR?

AdamFrisch
28th Feb 2010, 18:53
So, I've been TSA approved to do my US standalone FAA PPL. I'm however toying with the idea of doing that as Multi Engine PPL, just for the fun of it. Now will CAA recognize the US ME and give me that rating on my UK license, or do I have to do that all over again for JAA should I want to have it on both?

I know they recognize seaplane ratings from FAA to CAA, so I can't really see this being much different.

Any experience with this?

S-Works
28th Feb 2010, 20:05
You may be able to gain exemption from mandatory training if you contact the CAA and can prove enough experience in the class, however you will still be required to pass an LST with an Examiner.

Whopity
2nd Mar 2010, 10:34
You cannot obtain a JAA MEP Class rating until you have 70 hours PIC. The training will count but you will have to do the LST as stated and the MEP Class Rating exam at a JAA approved FTO.

englishal
3rd Mar 2010, 10:16
...or don't bother getting the JAA ME rating. If you have one on your FAA certificate you can fly a G reg multi anyway....the rating is automatically validated. Saves the bother of keeping the JAA one current with the annual test.

BillieBob
3rd Mar 2010, 17:11
A class rating endorsed on a licence issued by a non-JAA State may be transferred to a UK issued pilot’s licence, subject to:-

i. 100 hours flying experience as pilot on the class.
ii. Operational experience as pilot on the class within the preceding 5 years.
iii. Pass a Proficiency Check with a JAA Authorised Examiner.
iv. have flown at least 70 hours as pilot-in-command of aeroplanes (ME aeroplanes only) in accordance with JAR-FCL 1.260.
v. In the case of a HPA meet the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.251.

Applicants wishing to gain a MEP Class Rating who hold a valid non-JAA MEP Class Rating but who do not meet the experience requirements in items i) or ii) above will be required to attend an approved FTO and complete training at the discretion of the Head of Training. Applicants will be required to pass a written theoretical knowledge examination and a Skill Test as well as meeting the experience requirement of item iv) and the requirements of item v) if applicable.