View Full Version : Captain Needs Other Pilot's Help

W Weasel
24th Feb 2010, 02:14
Please folks I need your help. I am doing research and need your input. Would you please answer the following question?

What are the most dangerous/difficult airport/airports in the world?

I would like answers only from pilots because of their experience and your opinion is completely acceptable. However, please give your reason. Simply do not say, “Airport MAAB is the most dangerous because it has a short runway.” What I would like is as much detail as possible. “Airport MAAB is the most difficult because the main runway (1/19) is only 6,900 feet long. The airport sits at an altitude of 5,500 feet elevation surrounded by peaks exceeding 15,000. The airport receives freezing precipitation 8 months out of the year and contamination removal from the runway is rudimentary at best. It has only a VOR approach because GPS is not authorized in the country.“

Ladies and gents please only enter airports that you have physically flown into, trained for or have experience with and fully know about the difficulties. I would also like only airline or corporate pilots flying jet equipment to respond. Not to segregate but factors making a turboprop difficult are different from factors making a pure jet difficult.

If you would please add the equipment you flew into the airport with and your seat. I would also like for you to add your current (or last if retired) position and type ratings held.

Thanks a ton.

This is purely for research and data collection for my project. You can respond by private email or via the board.

[email protected]

Burners & Out!

ATP Type Rated A-320, A-330, A-340, B-737, B-757, B-767, DC-8, DC-9, FK-100

F/O B-727, B-747, L-1011

DeeCee
24th Feb 2010, 02:35
.....and inside leg measurement