PDA

View Full Version : Interview Question.

C152R
23rd Feb 2010, 17:38
A question that is being regularly asked by our HR colleagues. One that is not so easy to answer.

Have you ever been scared when you have been flying? What were the circumstances and what did you do?

Thanks

C152R

Microburst2002
23rd Feb 2010, 20:22
If you make memory, you will find a moment when you were scared. This does not mean you lost control of yourself.
If you don't, they will think either you are a lier, or are not experienced.

They are probably expecting you to say an occasion when you were scared, and then they will ask you how you reacted. This is what they are really looking for. Don't be a hero, by the way.

I guess.

It is worse when they ask about you fliying with a captain who did not follow the SOPs, and how you reacted. In that case I would love to ask the same question to the interviewer.

FE Hoppy
23rd Feb 2010, 21:37
I was scared pretty much every time anyone let me loose on an aircraft.

PappyJ
24th Feb 2010, 05:59
I answered that question once with, "...maintaining a reasonable level of fear during any flight would seem an appropriate means to keeping one vigilant..."

I did get the job that I was interviewing for.

keithl
24th Feb 2010, 09:31
Hoppy - So were we!!

Storminnorm
24th Feb 2010, 10:53
Scared? No. Knackered? Frequently!!!

FE Hoppy
24th Feb 2010, 14:35
And rightly so Keith, rightly so!

parabellum
24th Feb 2010, 19:52
If you have never been scared then you are not what they are looking for. Fear goes hand in hand with self preservation, if you don't experience fear you may not recognise the onset of a life threatening problem until it is too late.

grumpyoldgeek
24th Feb 2010, 21:14
Hard to imagine anyone not being at least a little scared on their first solo landing. I was.