PDA

View Full Version : Qantas A332 VH-EBN Delivery

Mafortion
23rd Feb 2010, 01:31
The latest A330-200 for Qantas, VH-EBN will be arriving in Sydney from Singapore as QF6020? around 6am this Thursday.

Ultergra
23rd Feb 2010, 03:11
And soon the A330 fleet will be using the EFB's.

The B737-800's have been using them recently and found them to be a great asset to the operation.

I hear back-up speed scale training is to occur in Melbourne for all pilots too.

Long Bay Mauler
3rd Mar 2010, 22:33
I just travelled on EBN in business class,and boy oh boy those seats are uncomfortable.

As I looked around the cabin,other punters seemed to be having difficulty in getting comfortable.

I can see there being a change of business class seating if enough people complain.

But the IFE is first rate and really world class compared to the previous product :ok:

crocodile redundee
4th Mar 2010, 03:20
I remember when EBN was a 707-338....... with 4 ENGINES- AND AN ENGINEER!!!! Back in the good old days when QF made hundreds of millions $$$ profit every year!!!!!!! Year afer Year......;)

LeadSled
4th Mar 2010, 05:24
Croc,
Indeed, the very first B707-338C for Qantas.
Tootle pip!!

Tankengine
4th Mar 2010, 07:20
Hundreds of Millions of $ while flying 707s? - I don't think so!

Anyway I just flew EBN [6th commercial sector] and it is really nice!:ok:

crocodile redundee
5th Mar 2010, 00:56
Oh yes they did!!!!! between $300 to $500 million every year . I remember going to Annual Apprentice /Parents' Open Days where Capt Bert Ritchie (the General Manager then-YES , they had a Capt as a General Manager) used to get up on the podium & spruik on about how bad things were & the company ONLY made $500 million profit that year etc etc & how lucky the apprentices were to be still working & not getting laid off!!!!!

Baxter Dewall
5th Mar 2010, 01:48
And whats changed croc?

the same old stuff still drivels from their mouths. Chicken Little stuff.

crocodile redundee
5th Mar 2010, 02:52
Youre right Baxter- but at least it sounded truthfull coming from a fine , upstanding, Captain.....

Heatseeker
7th Mar 2010, 02:44
Flew on EBN PER/SYD 02 Mar and found the seats no more or less comfortable than the other A332's - which is to say more than comfortable enough.
The IFE I found outstanding - exactly what the older a/c should have been from day one.

H

tail wheel
7th Mar 2010, 03:01
I remember when EBN was a 707-338....... with 4 ENGINES- AND AN ENGINEER!!!!

Indeed, the very first B707-338C for Qantas.

Indeed! And now tregistered VH-XBN, on display at the Qantas Founders Museum at Longreach.

Forget that. Incorrect ...... having a senior moment! :ugh:

Runaround Valve
7th Mar 2010, 03:38
TAILWHEEL....A history lesson for you.

The aircraft at Longreach is VH-EBA, the first Boeing 707-138 that QANTAS bought, but it was not the first to arrive in Australia. It was preceded by EBB and EBC. EBA returned to Australia registered as XBA to join the museum at Longreach.

VH-EBN was the first Boeing 707-338C that QANTAS bought and is now in Brasil and has been advertised for sale since 1995.

Yes.......... Just looked at one of my photos of the Longreach aircraft, notice it is VH-XBA and realise I put my foot in it!!!

:{

Tail Wheel

wombat watcher
7th Mar 2010, 08:12
Oh yes they did!!!!! between $300 to $500 million every year . I remember going to Annual Apprentice /Parents' Open Days where Capt Bert Ritchie (the General Manager then-YES , they had a Capt as a General Manager) used to get up on the podium & spruik on about how bad things were & the company ONLY made $500 million profit that year etc etc & how lucky the apprentices were to be still working & not getting laid off!!!!!
You are dreaming. Qantas executives would have been over the moon big time if this was true. Divide by 100 and you might be close to the mark.

In fact Qantas profit for 1969 was $2,867,289 up from a loss of $1,510,000 in 1968.
The annual revenue for the year was $144 million.

Wod
7th Mar 2010, 09:05
It was Bert Ritchie who complained of profitless growth arising from the Jet age and the explosion of Tourist Class into Economy Class.

wombat watcher is right. In those years the Gummint was happy to take dividends, but not interested in expanding capital. A case study in why Gummints should own nothing.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
8th Mar 2010, 07:42
DON'T start me there Mr Wod...

Bit of drift here folks...but.....GAS, Electricity, water......should NEVER have been privatised...they are ALL 'essential' services!
Essential to life in OZ, and WE the punters, do NOT need to have to pay for shareholders profits, CEO salaries, and the rest of the heirarchy in order to receive what was, and should be, a taxpayer provided GOVERNMENT service!
(End of Rant.....)

:}:}:}:}:}

(Normal program may now resume.........TKS)