PDA

View Full Version : FI questions

bas1234
22nd Feb 2010, 19:40
Hello guys.

I`m almost finishing my integrated pilot course and I`m considering when i finish to start with an instructor course.

Everybody knows about the bad situation in the world of aviation and about the bad job market for instructors. What I`m wondering about is the forcast for the instructor job market and the actual situation?

- I saw some schools who ask to have at least 200 flight hours before starting the course can anybody tell me what`s the reason of that?

- Is there any oppurtunity to find work as instructor in Africa or Asia?

- I know a school close to where I live at this moment, where the course cost 5900 euro (madrid). Can somebody recommend me another good school for an economical price, where I can do the course in more or less 2 months it doesn`t matter where?

Thanks in advance

Cheers:ok:

Whopity
22nd Feb 2010, 23:57
- I saw some schools who ask to have at least 200 flight hours before starting the course can anybody tell me what`s the reason of that?
The rules are here: http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf Section F JAR-FCL 1.335

Duchess_Driver
23rd Feb 2010, 08:01
Aerofan Madrid....encountered 2 'graduates' from here - one very able/competant, the other less so. Not enough really to praise or condem.

Many in England that have good reputations (http://www.pprune.org/flying-instructors-examiners/403742-where-do-fic.html) , but I think non would be able to match the 5900€ price tag - even on a 1:1 exchange rate. Just check there are no hidden fees behind that and remember to add on the examiner hire and fees.

Minor point, but Whoppity really mean subpart H, not F.

high wing harry
7th Mar 2010, 19:46
Heh
If you have a CPL from an integrated school, there is no requirement for you to have 200 hours.

Most schools will want that CPL to have been issued, however... and you need 5 hours on SEP aircraft in the 6 months before you do the pre-entry flight (which in itself can be 6 months prior to actually starting the course)

Go see some schools...

BillieBob
7th Mar 2010, 20:42
If you have a CPL from an integrated school, there is no requirement for you to have 200 hours.Whether or not you have graduated from an integrated school is entirely irrelevant. The requirement is to hold a CPL(A), wherever it was gained, or to hold a PPL(A) and have 200hrs flight time of which 150hrs is PIC.
Most schools will want that CPL to have been issuedI don't think so - most of the FIC instructors that I know would be quite happy to take on a PPL holder with the required experience.

lasseb
15th Mar 2010, 21:57
Maybe he meant that the school where you eventually want to works as an FI requires a CPL ???
Anyway, I did mine in EFT in Florida. Price + time was dead on according to the info given on the web. European Flight Training - Quality JAA Pilot Flight Training (http://flyeft.com/)
But living and eating is not free. And since it's the US of A you probably need a car.

farfadet
31st Mar 2010, 21:57
Hi there! I have a UK CPL licence and recently got a FI rating on it. However I got it in France.
In France, when a restricted FI starts to instruct, he needs to give the name of his "supervisor" to the French DGAC.
So a restricted FI is linked to this supervisor until he becomes a full FI.

Could you please tell me if the UK has implemented the same system?
If yes, what is the procedure in order to give the name of the supervisor to the CAA (in France, a simple FAX would do it).

Thanks a lot ! :ok: