PDA

View Full Version : CFI exam time limits

herman the crab
21st Feb 2010, 21:15
Just been asked this and I don't know the answer:

The FAA CFI written/MC is in 2 parts the FOI and the' Skills' part. FAA written have a 2 year validity on a pass. Does the 2 years count separatetly for these exams?

eg take FOI today and skills in 2 months - do they both expire in 2 months + 24 months or 24 months from date of each exam for each part?

HTC

herman the crab
22nd Feb 2010, 22:25
Sorry Alister wrong Herman!

HTC

ahwalk01
23rd Feb 2010, 11:01
The 2 years do count seperately, Once both are exchanged (with a practical test pass) for the CFI certificate then that has its own 2 year renewal cycle.

Where are you taking the written/practical? I'm an FAA Ground Instructor (AGI) and it might not be that easy to do the CFI practical test in the UK, unless you have it pre-arranged/

Alex.

herman the crab
23rd Feb 2010, 17:31
Thanks Alex - its all being done in the US. I was asked by another pilot if I knew and I didn't (I m not a CFI and not going to be one as current lifestyle more pleasurable!).

Will pass info on.

HTC

ahwalk01
23rd Feb 2010, 17:36
Ok try and get it scheduled before the 1st March as the prices (or fees charged by Lasergrade/CATS) are due to go up to $150. I don't know if your school will pass the rise on or how they plan to stagger the written test fees.

Alex.

herman the crab
24th Feb 2010, 00:59
Oh wow! I'll pass that on - the last one I took was $65 I think :)

Is that the US price or the UK one? I am guessing the UK one is inflated like the medical fees? ( I got stuck at Gatwick and stung about $275 for my class one, the renewal last month was $100 here in Long Beach).

HTC