PDA

View Full Version : 2nd March – Brian Lecomber speaking at Lee-On-Solent

execExpress
21st Feb 2010, 19:04
WINTER AVIATION TALKS

The Lee Flying Association Talks are open to all, designed to inform and stimulate Pilots and Aviation enthusiasts during the long winter months.

2nd March – Brian Lecomber

Display Flying with Bi-Planes

Not just any old Bi-Planes hear about Tiger Moths, inverted flight and the heady days of the Rothmans Aerobatic Team

Brian Lecomber is one of the most experienced aerobatic pilots in the world. In 21 years of professional display flying he has flown more than 1,800 public performances - an all-time world record for any single pilot. Brian is also an accomplished aviation author and renowned aviation speaker.

Date – Tuesday 2nd March 2010

Time – 1900 for 1930 start

Venue – Stubbington Snooker Hall, Stubbington Green, Fareham, PO14 2JY

Cost - £3.00 – Senior Citizens £1.50

Licensed Bar; Free Parking

(Directions: Stand with your back to the War Memorial on Stubbington Green with Barclays Bank on your starboard beam. The Snooker Hall is above the shops facing you, the entrance is on the righthand side of the building)

Contact Cliff Shorter – 0777 269 3481

FUTURE EVENTS LISTED AT Welcome to the LFA Website (http://www.eghf.co.uk)

execExpress
25th Feb 2010, 20:23
Bump - in case anyone missed it

JEM60
26th Feb 2010, 07:56
Been to one of his talks. Unmissable. Excellent Raconteur, on a par with Eric 'Winkle' Brown and John Farley. Enjoy.

chevvron
26th Feb 2010, 09:31
When I joined the ATC way back in '62, Lofty was a Cdt Sgt on my squadron; he was the archetypal b@stard drill instructor. Nice chap never failed to look me up when performing at Farnborough so I've known him for nearly 50 years!!
After he left the cadets, and before he got a PPL, he became a news reporter (motoring)for a local paper, and I remember him giving me a lift home from the pub one night and trying to sell me his car!!

JEM60
1st Mar 2010, 16:01
In his early aviation days, he used to wear a padded suit, and throw himself off a Tiger Moth wing which was IN FLIGHT [although very low, of course. I believe he did this at local fete's etc.,.] I remember the hang-over after drinking half a bottle of his scotch one night,
I called in on my 85 year old mother-in-law four days ago, to find her reading his best seller 'Talk Down' I like my mother-in-law.......