PDA

View Full Version : TRTO Time restrictions

sanook
21st Feb 2010, 10:58
Can anyone enlighten me as to what are the scheduling limitations for conducting a Type Rating under a TRTO ie earliest start and latest finish?
Additionally if you could guide me to a reference.
Many thanks

S-Works
21st Feb 2010, 13:11
If you mean start of day and end of day then there are no rules. You could teach a TR at 3am if you wanted. When I did my BE200 rating it was done in the sim at around 1:30am every day as that was the only free sim slots for the course we were on.

I am HOT at a TRTO and don't like early morning so we try to keep a 9-5 schedule!

sanook
21st Feb 2010, 13:25
Thank you very much

BillieBob
21st Feb 2010, 13:51
From the UK CAA's Standards Document 34: "The times of day at which crews are rostered for synthetic flight training and testing must be acceptable to the Authority. As a guide, training sessions, particularly those involving inexperienced trainees, should not be planned to start earlier than 0500 nor finish later than 2300. Where TRTOs need to utilize training slots outside of these times, the training regime should be based on a regular routine with sufficient time between details to permit adequate rest. PLD [sic] should be notified when use is made of training sessions during ‘unsocial’ hours"

This would suggest that UK-approved organisations do not train during 'unsocial' hours without the knowledge and agreement of the CAA. However, given the general level of ineptitude that currently exists in the "Licensing and Training Standards Department", which replaced PLD last year, I would guess that they neither know nor care.