PDA

View Full Version : BALPA drag their feet at British European- Why?

Jacksman
13th Jul 2001, 19:34
Despite having over 50% BALPA membership for some months regognition has still not occured at British European,the only fully independant regional in the UK. Many members are most concerned about the lack of progress given the recent 0% pay review, desposal of the CRJ fleet and entry into the night med charter business without any consoltation with the 280 pilot workforce.

Talk of some form of collusion between BALPA and the new MD Mr French is rife.CEO Perrott departed last month in a hurry allegedly after upseting Air France for whom BE,formally Jersey European, do much of the feeder routes from the UK.

Talk in the crew rooms at the moment is that BALPA my have made some form of pact with the management to allow the Exeter company room to re-shape before recognition.
can any of you shed any light on this situation????

Raw Data
13th Jul 2001, 23:11
Yes.

One of the first acts of the new boss was to contact BALPA and arrange a meeting. This happened within a few days of his "elevation". The meeting was cancelled due to the sickness of the BALPA rep he was going to meet.

There is no conspiracy.

There is no collusion.

There are no dark secrets.

BALPA will be in BE in VERY short order, and it will be with the support and agreement of management.

2/10 for this "rumour"!! :rolleyes:

puddle-jumper
14th Jul 2001, 13:45
I hope your right Raw Data. Otherwise I can see the 'over 50%' Balpa membership very rapidly becoming 'under 50%'unless Balpa get thier finger out and actually make it to one of these meetings that have been arranged for them! :confused:

Well see.

BavarianBoy
14th Jul 2001, 22:43
I think crew at BE will have recognition by the winter, maybe even b4 Sept pay review... if lucky! Mind you, it will be interesting to see how they negotiate, it may take a long time to iron out any agreements due to uncertainty in EXT! Did hear one source say that the new MD would rather have BALPA as at "least they know who the trouble makers are"nice attitude JF!!
Ah well, hopefully BALPA will make a difference. Any other guys and gals in other recently recognised companies notice a difference between pre and post BALPA? Just curious!