PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Oil Contract.

AIRWAY1UK
1st Mar 2002, 22:02
Flightline have today been awarded the contract for the oil consortium out of Aberdeen until 2005.. . Good News for both company and employee's following uncertain times. Congratulations to all concerned!

Meeb
2nd Mar 2002, 01:14
But will it create any jobs for local pilots?

P.Pilcher
2nd Mar 2002, 01:30
So what happened to the new, re-ressurected British World then? I thought that that contract was one of the old company's main money earners. Their ATPs were certainly very busy with it.

LAVDUMP
2nd Mar 2002, 01:55
What aircraft types will Flightline use - and from what bases?

Also, how many additional pilots will likely be required?

. .Cheers

AIRWAY1UK
2nd Mar 2002, 02:06
BAe 146-200 series to operate from an Aberdeen base.

jetgirl
2nd Mar 2002, 13:27
Will not create any jobs for local pilots but it will give employment to some of the 45 pilots made redundant by Flightline last October following the collapse of Swissair.

I do hear that there will be work for some other local staff, some of whom worked on the BWA contract.

Only A Few More Seasons
3rd Mar 2002, 06:13
Where is Pearce?

piggiemallone
6th Mar 2002, 06:36
Will this "Good" news stop BAe146 aircraft sliding off the ends of very long runways?---let along the short one at Scatsta!!!!(Any News on what happened in Scandinavia? I guess runway Performance will be an interesting topic for the Oil Consortium and the CAA, let alone Tech log defects that only appear on Fridays!!. .. .PS to a Moderator shouldn't this topic be in "Airlines ,Routes" etc.. .. .PM. . . . <small>[ 06 March 2002, 02:52: Message edited by: Country Yokel ]</small>

gingernutter
6th Mar 2002, 22:31
Country Yokel (watch the spelling of COUNTRY) Do I detect SOUR GRAPES? I think the Oil Consortium and the CAA have done their research on runway performance over the past few months. (have you?)Congratulations and Well done Flightline (who are very professional and reputable operators) for securing a contract for the BAe146 which was, of course, actually DESIGNED to operate into Airports like SCATSTA.