PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Paris or other airports in France

john ball
15th Feb 2010, 14:13
Any thoughts on landing fees in France ? Last year I flew my Van's from Biggin to Toussus twice during the summer - only 1hr25mins each way, so a really good place to land as the train in to the centre is only 30 mins. BUT, I have just received a landing fee bill from last May !! for one landing and one nights parking - 49 Euro !! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif( 12 Euro landing fee and 1.25 Euro for every hour) --- Any other fees like this ? I know Deauville is high, so go to Caen as only 4 Euro and always have into wind R/W ( taildragger !!). I am planning to go to Troyes, Annecy, Chambery -- any info ? I know also there are many airfield that do not charge --- any up to date info ? Also which airfield have good restaurants -- there must be many to recomend ?
I always book IBIS hotels as you can cancel on the day upto 7.00pm, which is excellent for VFR flyers.

bookworm
15th Feb 2010, 14:53
It used to be the case at Toussus (as well as many other French airports) that if you park on the grass there's no parking fee.

Troyes cost almost nothing when we were there last year -- EUR 8 for a lunch stop, but we didn't park long. Good restaurant, friendly and easy airfield.

BoeingMEL
15th Feb 2010, 15:08
..it used to be much cheaper than Toussus... but you'll need a short taxi-ride into town. (7 or 8 minutes I seem to recall) bm

gasax
15th Feb 2010, 15:21
Unfortunately over recent years most French airport managements have started to charge. At the municipal airports as you have noted some of the fees even approach those here!

I was in Annecy last year - parking etc was ok, vague recollection of 40 euro-ish for 4 days.

The majority of these airfields have websites with either price lists or contact emails. I used to use nav2000 which is now 'dead'. There is a nav3000.free.fr which has much of the same information.

LH2
16th Feb 2010, 01:38
I used to use nav2000 which is now 'dead'. There is a nav3000.free.fr which has much of the same information.

Navigeo - Recherche d'un terrain (http://www.navigeo.org/)

werewolf
16th Feb 2010, 20:16
Airports and airfields Paris area fees (up to date)
Operating body: "Aéroports de Paris" :
http://www.acop.net/adate/docsadate/taxesadp.pdf

Exemple : Toussus le Noble, for an aircraft up to 2 metric tons (MMD = take off maxi weight)
Look at page 3: par atterrissage (per landing) : 12.91 e (+VAT 19,6%)

Look at page 5 ; redevances de stationnement (parking fees) : 1,25 e (+VAT) per hour.
Please note : la redevance est due pour tous aéronefs, basés ou non, stationnant au delà de 2 heures sur aires revêtues Parking fee is owed for all aircraft, based or not, beyond 2 hours on paved parking areas. This point is relevant for any GA airfield in Paris area.
ie: 1. the first 2 parking hours are free,
2. on paved areas: it means that parking on grass is free on charge.
If you don't want to pay parking fee, move your aircraft (prior 2 hour free time limit) to grass .....(could be a little bit muddy in winter ...)
Hope that helps.

werewolf
16th Feb 2010, 20:42
At Toussus, expect grass parking at E2, between the E2 loop :https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/fr/..%5CPDF_AIPparSSection%5CVAC%5CAD%5C2%5C1003_AD-2.LFPN.pdf

Russell Gulch
16th Feb 2010, 21:18
It must be dreadful after forking out €65,000 for a Vans to have to pay €49 to use their facility!

john ball
18th Feb 2010, 14:12
Thanks all of you for your replies and advice. I either did not know or had forgotten about the parking on grass for zero fees. Having been flying to France for over 30 years, Toussus is the most expensive I have encountered. As to the person saying, about worrying about paying 65K then moaning about, EURO 49 -- I take your point, but having only used 50lts each way and the Hotel being only Euro 70 for the night, i was only trying to go for a cheap dirty weekend ---- anyway my girlfriend always pays for the landing fees. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

gyrotyro
18th Feb 2010, 16:28
John, you appear to come under the "must have more money than sense" category !

Like you I fly an RV and it is possible to fly in France for very little in the way of landing fees, all it takes is a little common.

All of the coastal airports charge a landing fee which varies from 5 euros upwards. If you must use one of the coastal airports then expect to pay but why not venture further inland before setting down ?

Most of the club airfields do not charge a landing fee and are very user friendly places to visit.

PM me a land line number if you would like to chat further and I would be glad to call you.

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
18th Feb 2010, 22:11
Abbeville (LFOI)

A favorite for those of us who travel at less than Vans speed. Landing fee around 3 Euro, Customs notification 4 hours, accommodation on site / in town, or continue onwards to more exotic locations.

john ball
19th Feb 2010, 09:08
Not really more sense than money, just like to spend it on good food and wine instead !!!

Yes, go to Le Touquet quite often as it is so close to Biggin ( 40 mins ) and a Euro 11 landing fee -- great walk into town and VG restaurants.
What I was really getting at in my first email was to warn others about Toussus, but also to say how convenient it is for central Paris. The reason I was asking the questions about further afield in France is that I have not toured there much in the last five years since we sold our Comanche. The only other longer trips last year in the RV have been to La Rochelle and Perigord. The reason I mentioned the landing fee at Toussus, was that I wanted to know from others if all or most landing fees had gone up to the sort we have to pay over here. There is another reason for going to more main airports - customs clearance without an intermediate stop and as most RV owners will know landing on grass is sometimes an unknown as there is so little clearance under the spats with the tiny wheels, that although I love grass airfield, I am more cautious than ever before about going to the unknown and breaking a spat.