PDA

View Full Version : Fife Airport

cats_five
15th Feb 2010, 08:15
Someone sent this URL to another forum I belong to:

Land For Sale Glenrothes, Scotland (http://www.land-deals.co.uk/land.asp?Town=Glenrothes&County=Fife)

Geobunny
15th Feb 2010, 13:13
I just emailed the contact on that page to ask if the description is correct and to confirm if the airport and the grounds are actually up for sale and got a very prompt reply - I suspect I'm not the first person to have asked about it!
No - this is not correct. We are unclear how this information came to be on this webpage and unfortunately, there is no opportunity for us to remove it.
GB
(long time lurker, first time poster!)

cats_five
15th Feb 2010, 15:02
No - this is not correct. We are unclear how this information came to be on this webpage and unfortunately, there is no opportunity for us to remove it.
Unbelievable - that a) they don't know how it got there and b) they can't remove it!

But good news that it seems to be incorrect.

'India-Mike
15th Feb 2010, 17:28
Many, many years ago some enterprising 6th years at my school put the Rector's Austin Princess up for sale in a local paper - even though it wasn't for sale. But the serious sense of humour failure came when shortly afterwards they advertised the school for sale as well.

Seems nothing's changed - anyone can put anything up for sale:}

niknak
15th Feb 2010, 17:58
Unbelievable - that a) they don't know how it got there and b) they can't remove it!

Its been posted on a free site, probably totally unregulated, as IM says, given the right website you could put anything up for sale and the real owner would struggle to have the post removed promptly.

lurker06
15th Feb 2010, 20:03
The directors of Tayside Aviation have now confirmed that the airfield is not for sale.

L06

TrueFlyer
15th Feb 2010, 21:50
Am sure in this case theirs no smoke without fire

eharding
15th Feb 2010, 22:23
Am sure in this case theirs no smoke without fire

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

..and a face-palm on top.