PDA

View Full Version : 145 Repair Station - Away from base work

airbirduk
8th Feb 2010, 21:34
Hi,

A question for you.... A repair vendor lets call them X is a 145 certified repair facility. They send a working party away from base to perform repair work at a non 145 repair facility. The work the team from X is performing is being certified and signed off under the 145 of their main base.

My question is..... is there any limit as to what type, quantity and length of time that the away team can perform work under the 145 repair cert at a non 145 location?

Thanks.

Fargoo
8th Feb 2010, 23:12
It will all be in the Vendors MOE.

I assume you mean an AOG situation where a team is sent to get the aircraft back?

matkat
9th Feb 2010, 04:09
The part 145 MRO will despatch it's working party IAW their own MOE the terms and conditions as per your question will be contained in there, there would unlikely be a time limit but the depth of work will depend on the approval held by the MRO.

Sonic Bam
9th Feb 2010, 10:16
Also, if repair was to carry on for an extended timescale I would expect the 145's Quality people to get involved - site visit, risk assessment, preventative actions / risk mitigation, QA sign-off if all practical and reasonable actions have been taken to maintain the quality of the working environment, quality of the work being carried out and within the intent of Part 145.

GS John
9th Feb 2010, 10:37
EASA Part 145 or FAA 145 repair facility?