PDA

View Full Version : Revalidation by experience of UK JAR-FCL PPL in USA?

enq
5th Feb 2010, 14:46
Hello All,

I'm struggling through Lasors etc trying to find the answer to whether it is possible for a suitably qualified US (Orlando) based instructor to accompany me on the mandatory 1 hour flight & then be legally able to sign off my licence / log book / SRG1119 form to comply.

I can't find anything that indicates the instructor must be based in the UK at the time the flight is undertaken or the paperwork is signed although clearly the instructor must be JAR-FCL qualified & possibly (though I'm hazy here) UK JAR-FCL qualified?

Any help or pointers gratefully received - I've got my BFR for my FAA piggy back licence due as well so the dream outcome is that it is possible & I get to do my BFR checkflight & Qualifying Instructed flight simultaneously.

Thanks in advance all & regards, enq.

S-Works
5th Feb 2010, 16:24
As the SRG1119 and your licence has to be signed by a JAA Examiner your flight is a bit of a moot point. Any 1hr or greater Instructional flight will count as the required flight regardless of where it took place. But as I said the licence needs to be signed by an Examiner not an Instructor.

Whopity
6th Feb 2010, 09:14
so the dream outcome is that it is possible & I get to do my BFR checkflight & Qualifying Instructed flight simultaneously.That requires that the instructor is both FAA and JAA qualified! The one hour with an instructor must be a JAA FI or CRI.

enq
6th Feb 2010, 10:00
Thanks for the info. I'll speak to some organisations providing JAA quals over there now for specifics but it's good to have a heads up on the general rules.
Regards, enq.